Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Teething Twins

If things weren't going fast enough...the twins are now 5 months old, and both got their first tooth last week, within a few days of each other. This time Nik was first... I discovered his tooth Saturday the 27th. Rowan's appeared Monday the 29th... Lower right front. It has been tough, with lots of drooling and crying. Actually, Nik has been almost inconsolable this morning. The kid has quite a set of lungs! Poor, poor babies. There is a reason teething happens when they're young and can't remember it later. If only the parents could block it out!
In other news, the twins are gearing up to try solid food soon, possibly this weekend. They watch us eat (like dogs do...watching each bite we take and following the fork...moving their mouth when we chew...it's funny!). They are outgrowing their 3 month clothes now, too. My boys like to eat! They are trying to sit up, and enjoy playing with toys now. We like to put them in their Bumbo seats and give them toys to play with and bat at. I think Keaton enjoys this new phase...minus the teething.
Keaton is going through a tough phase right now, too. He's been very argumentative lately. He's gotten into a bit of trouble at school. Is it a surge of hormones? Is he growing? Who knows. Three is worse than two, I do know that. But he's also hilarious, when not going through turmoil. Here are some Keatonisms since my last entry:

To me: "Your hair looks crazy right now. It looks like a sprinkling pancake." My hair has been called many things, including 'bulletproof'. Not sure what to take from this one. LOL...

"Holy Mack-Er-AL!"

Yesterday, watching the Today Show: "Mommy, that brown guy that talks to men and ladies and babies is funny." (Al Roker)

He's having trouble distinguishing "girl" from "Grill". So of course, when he heard Girl on Fire by Alicia Keys, he started yelling/singing, "This grill is on Fiiii-yeeeeeerrrrr!"

Keaton: "Mommy, there's a jumping, flying spider in my play kitchen!"
Me: "You're on your own with that one, buddy! Let me know when you kill it!" 


"If I run and I fall down, I will have a fat tooth."

"Mommy, you look like a blue dark ghost."

"My pants are not doing the correct thing that I want them to do."

K: "When it is another tonight..."
Me: "You mean...tomorrow night??"
K: "Yes, that's what I meaned, Mommy! Good job!"

I was trying to tell him to take care of his eyes (i.e. Do not shine a flashlight in them.) K: "If my eye falls out, will I get a new one?"

I was pretending to sleep, and Keaton was playing with his cash register. "Mommy, how many dollars will wake you up?"

"Do we need some wine for our banana bread?" Lol

Me: "Where did we park, Keaton?"
K: "Wherever the black minivan is." ...true...
*****

Until next time...

-Ashley

No comments: