Friday, December 17, 2010

Fussy Pants

I have been so MIA this week!! Hmmm... how to summarize... I always struggle with that.

Work went okay last Friday. It didn't end the greatest, but that's okay. I left pretty stressed about something I wasn't sure of that was left behind, but I haven't gotten any phone calls telling me I did it wrong, so... I assume everything is fine.

Saturday we went to Bass Pro Shop to get pictures with Santa. After walking around a bit (Keaton was napping) we realized that we had to get a ticket to get in the picture line. Long story short, we were at BPS for about 2.5 hours. Someone 'promised' us we would be in to get a pic with Mr. Claus by 11:30 a.m., but we didn't end up seeing him until around 12:15 p.m.. Here is the result:

Sunday... I'm drawing a blank.

Monday our Christmas cards arrived. And Keaton was a fussy guy most of the morning.

Tuesday... worked on Christmas cards, and dealt with a fussy guy again. He took a one hour nap in the morning, and a two hour nap in the afternoon! I was so surprised, I kept going back in his room to check and make sure he was okay. Of course he did NOT sleep well that night... he woke up at 11:30 p.m. and would not go back to sleep. We slept out on the couch until around 4:30 Wednesday morning when Casey got up for work. He offered to stay up with Keaton for a few hours to allow me to sleep, which was glorious. We went to Keaton's final swimming lesson that morning and got his certificate of completion! Yay! He also got to ride in a little canoe that the swimming instructor brought, which he really enjoyed. Hopefully we'll get in the same class next session so he can swim with Blaine and A.J. again... he really liked them a lot. He was better in the afternoon, from what I remember, but I kept in mind that even my swimming instructor noticed he was pulling on his ears a bit.

Thursday we went mall walking in the morning, then I drove around awhile to let Keaton nap. We ran some errands and got quite a few things done. I spent most of the afternoon working on Christmas cards. Again, Keaton was fussy for large chucks of the day.

That brings me to today. He woke up at 1, 3, and 5:30 this morning. He didn't go back to sleep until around 8:30, and then it wasn't for long, so I called the Pediatrician to make an appointment and see if his problem is just teething, or if he's got an ear infection. He's just been really moody lately, and I would rather know what's going on, especially before we go to Kansas this weekend! Hopefully it works out okay... I'll try to update later before another week passes without posting.

Some new things this week: Keaton can High 5. He's working hard at the Army crawl. He's sort of pulling up on things (something he hasn't done much of yet) and he's still rolling around everywhere. He can turn off a light switch now, has tried Saltine crackers and arrowroot cookies, and loves to grab a blanket (or the shower curtain) and play peek-a-boo. He can 'monster growl' on demand now. Hopefully I'm not forgetting anything else. I was just interrupted as he pushed himself forward on the carpet to get his binky... he's getting closer and closer to crawling!! We might hit the Crawling by Christmas deadline after all!!

-Ash

No comments: