Monday, October 17, 2011

MOA Trip

Here's a recap of the last... 1.5 weeks since I wrote last? Yikes. I am seriously slacking on this.

I stare at the calendar and can't remember what the heck we've done lately. Ummm... Friday we left for Minnesota and met Keith and De at the airport in Minneapolis, then headed to our hotel and then Mall of America. We ate dinner at Bubba Gump Shrimp Company. I ate a pound of crab legs (which could have been more, honestly), and Keaton was slap happy and obsessed with the shrimp mascot Bubba and got upset whenever Bubba walked away from him. I'm glad he hasn't gotten to the stage where mascots freak him out... in fact, the two times we went to restaurants with mascots, he was super excited to see them. He didn't want them to go out of his sight. Again, just glad he's not screaming bloody murder or anything. :)

The next day, we went back to MOA and shopped til we dropped. Or at least until Keaton was ready for his nap... then we went back and shopped some more. I am now the proud owner of a pair of gray UGGS, something I never thought I would get, and honestly never wanted until I tried them on last year. It was an early birthday gift, and I haven't really taken them off since Saturday. They may not be practical, but they sure are comfortable and easy to get on and off, unlike the lace-up boots I've been wearing since 2008. Man, I need to revamp my wardrobe. I digress.

Casey is away this week at the AIChE conference in Minneapolis, so De came back to stay with us, which has been great. I am very lucky that I get along so well with my mother-in-law, because not many people I know actually like their mothers- or fathers-in-law. I lucked out with both. She has been great, and very helpful with Keaton. Tonight I had my third Biology test (*technically 2nd for me, since I was sick for the last one) so it was nice to be able to focus on studying today and not worry about Keaton. We are doing little projects around the house this week, and she's giving me nice insight on my husband. Which, really, is never a bad thing.

So I guess that's really about it. I mean, I know it's not. I know I'm forgetting tons of things Keaton's doing/saying. OH, like this one! We were checking out the Microsoft store at MOA, and watching a big group of young people play one of the dancing games on XBox. Keaton of course loved to watch them dance, and kept wanting to go up and dance with them, but I kept holding him back. Another lady near us encouraged me to let him go, so I did. And within a millisecond of letting him go, he ran right up to the TV and pushed the power button on the XBox, completely shutting off the game. Oh my goodness, I was so embarrassed. A bunch of people got up and left and were obviously not very happy about it, but then, he's a little kid and didn't know better! And I'm sure some of them were thinking, 'Where was that kid's mom?' Well, she was standing back with her jaw on the floor. I would also like to note that after going through MOA and the Minneapolis airport with that little man, I completely understand why people have 'leashes' for their kids... that may be one of the only ways I can keep my sanity since he's tiny and all over the place! Oh, and he hates holding our hands, so that makes it a little more complicated. Am I complaining? Sorry... I'll stop. I am just tired... that's not a complaint, it's a fact!! :)

I think that's all for the evening... I hope to write again sometime soon! :)

Love,

Ash

No comments: