Sunday, October 23, 2011

Toddlerhood... a sign of things to come.

Keaton is not tiptoeing towards two... I would say he's running at full speed at this point. Sprinting. Hurdling. Today was one of those days that, as a parent, you sit back with a glass of (fill in the adult beverage) and think of days to come... "terrible twos"... the puberty/teenage years... all of those times where you wonder what the heck you are doing, and when this phase will end. And it will, eventually. Heck, I'm sure he'll probably wake up tomorrow and it will be totally different. Today was just...eh.

He had so much fun with his Grandma Hetrick this past week that I think maybe he's just starting to come back to reality. Tomorrow is going to be interesting, though... I'm sure he'll ask where "Nana" is first thing when he wakes up. We have music class tomorrow at the library, so hopefully that will make him happy. It is also supposed to be beautiful again tomorrow, so I plan on spending as much time outside as possible.

On a happier note, we had a very fun time yesterday with De/Nana/Grandma Hetrick at the Lincoln Park Zoo. We got to wear our Halloween costumes and heard lots of people talk about our little Yoda (Favorite comment was probably, "O-M-G, that is the cutest thing I've ever seen!!")... lol... I was a little embarrassed because people kept coming up and wanting to take our picture, but in all it was a very good time. Here's a pic! More to come... I have a ton to edit (about 6G, actually) so at some point before Christmas, you should see pictures from Fall 2011. I hope.
Halloween 2011- Lincoln Park Zoo
I think that's about it for tonight. Tomorrow is a better day!!

-Ash

No comments: