Thursday, November 3, 2011

And then it was November.

I officially reached an all-time low in October for 3 total blog entries. Seriously, that month was insane! And I doubt this one will be any less crazy, but I think it's better that way. Here are some highlights: Time with Grandma De was great. Halloween was awesome. (Keaton loved trick or treating, even if he was a bit tired and shy- but he said "please" and "thank you" at almost every house! He also thought that the kids that came to our house were supposed to give HIM candy, so when a little girl came to our door and he tried to take candy from her bag, he was kind of upset and confused because she wouldn't allow it... haha! He caught on quickly, though.) I know we did a bunch of things just since the last entry, but I can't really remember them. Luckily I have taken a bunch of pictures during that time, though, so just check out the Flickr pics if you'd like to know what we've been up to.

Keaton is starting to put two and three words together, and is starting to tell little 'stories'. He is also a tattle-tale among our little group of friends, and tends to rat out anyone who isn't doing what he thinks they should do. I can't help but laugh... I think he comes by that honestly. He is a bit stranger shy these days, but it really doesn't take long for him to warm up to people. Once he feels comfortable, he starts chatting away. Last night, my Biology class was canceled for the second time this week, so the boys and I went out to dinner. Casey had been requesting a trip to Hooters for awhile now, and I always had some decent excuse not to go... until last night. Wouldn't you know, the second we opened the door, Keaton saw the hostess and then looked directly at her chest. I couldn't help but laugh... he is a GUY, after all. LOL... I'm in for it with this one. He continued to pour on the charm with all the waitresses. He even got a balloon and a free rubber duck out of the deal. What a little flirt! (Glad it was him and not his Daddy! Just sayin'!) :-)

What else is new... hmmm. I turn 30 in 10 days. I am trying to figure out what to ask for and am coming up empty handed thus far. I would love to have a better flash for my camera, but the ones I am currently looking at cost almost as much as the camera itself. Is it worth it? I'm not entirely sure. I have so much more to learn about this photography stuff! I am also looking into classes to take next semester. It appears as though my luck has run out with the classes I can take close to home, and I'll have to drive the 40 minutes to main campus in Glen Ellyn from now on... which may mean preschool/daycare for Mr. Keaton next semester. There are so many things up in the air right now that I'm having trouble sitting down and really looking into it because I first want to find out what is going on with Casey and job opportunities he is looking into. So far it looks as though we are staying put, but I'd hate to enroll and then end up backing out due to moving, etc. So, I'll wait a bit longer. Semester doesn't start until mid-January, so I have a bit of time. I've said it before, and I'll say it again- there is never a dull moment around the Hetrick household anymore! I do think it's better that way, though... it tends to keep me a little more motivated.

Mr. K is awake now, so it looks as though my break is over. More later!

-Ash

No comments: