Thursday, July 19, 2012

Messy Monday

Every time I've thought about catching up on the blog, I got distracted by... life. I know I'm missing out on a lot of details here, but here was my Monday for you: Keaton had tummy trouble in the morning, and he's been coughing and sneezing a lot, along with mood swings and some crud in his eye. I took him to the doctor, only to find out that he was "just fine" and maybe had some allergies. Not even 15 minutes after I got him home from the doctor, he threw up all over me. Three times. And then it was over, and he was fine- but the aftermath was not an easy clean-up! Three of the dry-clean only couch covers are out of commission until Saturday. No one is allowed to get sick on our couch again, ever. And thank you, IKEA... you could have made washable covers, one would think! Whaaa whaaaa... lesson learned. We determined that it was something Keaton ate, and he's been fine ever since, thankfully. I am going to be a lousy parent at this rate when he gets the stomach flu... yikes! I don't do well with bodily fluids, apparently!

Monday night, Keaton was playing at a neighbor's house, when he tripped and fell on their driveway. He bumped his head and lip pretty hard, and I am sad to say that I had to scrape asphalt off his front tooth! We put ice on all of it and it seemed to help a lot. Poor little boy. I'm glad it wasn't worse, because he could have easily knocked his tooth out. He's healing well... so thankful for that!!

So to summarize, life has been busy. The dog is getting huge (over 17 pounds now). Casey is busy and stressed with work. I am busy and usually stressed with the dog/child combo. But we are making it through. Keaton's still doing great in school and with potty training. He may be taking a bit too long to actually GO to the bathroom (it was almost 45 minutes in the bathroom the other night because he wouldn't do his business). I'm trying to motivate him in different ways, but so far not much is working. This too shall pass, right? :)

Time to make the house somewhat liveable again... if the dog will allow it!

-Ash

No comments: