Tuesday, May 14, 2013

12 weeks, Keatonisms, and milestones

The boys are 12 weeks old today! At the weight check last week we found out they are as close to the same weight as they have ever been, even in the womb. Nik is 7 lbs 11.5 oz, 20.25 inches long, and Rowan is 7 lbs 9 oz, 20 inches long. They are even bigger than I thought! The doctor said to just keep doing what we are doing. They haven't hit the growth chart yet because they are still so far below the curve, but he expects them to around 5 months.  Until them we will keep supplementing their bottles with formula so they can pack on the pounds.

Keaton reached a milestone overnight: he slept all night in his bed without having an accident!  He has been wearing a diaper at night even though he is totally potty trained during the day. He will go to the bathroom by himself and even wipe correctly (usually). We felt that it was time for him to get out of diapers completely. It's tough because he is a very hard sleeper so he doesn't normally wake up and realize he's going or got to go. This could result on a lot more laundry in the near future, but it's worth it if he can learn the sensation and wake up on his own to take care of it. He's such a big boy now.

It is adorable to e'er him interact with his baby brothers. I asked him last week to bring me a diaper, and he brought an entire unopened box! He gets really excited when his brothers look at him or grab his hand. They are starting to coo and smile now, so he gets really excited to witness that. Yesterday they were both doing well holding their heads up during tummy time, and he was right there cheering them on. I can't wait until they start laughing...he will become their main source of entertainment, I bet. He loves being the clown.  :-)

Speaking of clowning around, here are some Keatonisms...

"We have a mystery, Mommy."

To me: "Can I do it please, pretty girl?"

Asking for strawberry shortcake: "Can I have some short strawberry cheesecake please, Mommy?"

"You smell like poop."

"Those bricks are the color of Bruno Mars."

"My nose is not breathing really well."

Singing the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse theme: "It's the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse! Come inside...and see my toilet."

"Every girl is purdy and every boy is handsome."

"In my ice cream shop I made a pineapple, that's why I'm a doctor. By Sandra Boynton." What??

"You are pretty because you look like you have flowers in your hair."

"C: You're not being a very good listener.
K: I'm a good listener on Mondays and Fridays!"

Nik started throwing a fit while I was trying to get him to latch: "Maybe he doesn't like the food."

"Oranges make orange juice. Do donuts make donut juice?"

*****

Mother's Day was very nice this year! The boys got me donuts and my favorite coffee, then got me two gift cards-one for a shopping spree, and one to go out with the girls for dinner and drinks! Then that night they took me out for sushi. It was a great day. My boys really know how to spoil me. I plan on going shopping today, I wore a hole in the knee of my favorite jeans and I need to replace them. Kohl's is calling me.  :-)

I think that's about all for now.

Until next time,

Ash

No comments: