Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Casey's Houston Hiatus, Day 2

While I was eating dinner this evening, I decided to turn on today's episode of the Ellen DeGeneres Show on DVR. I watch a lot of TV, and I have to say that I rarely laugh out loud (I'm really not sure why, because I watch a lot of funny TV... but anway...), but she was talking about trimming a tree in her back yard, and it snapped back and hit her in the face, to which she said, "I just got pimp-slapped by a Sycamore!"... I laughed loud enough the Charley had to come investigate. :) Hopefully it made you laugh, too! By the way, is the phrase "pimp slap" supposed to be hyphenated? Hmmm...

I feel much better today, thank goodness. I slept as late as I could this morning until I had to hop in the shower, but I took DayQuil and I guess it kicked in at some point... I was definitely acting my hair color for the first hour or so at work... I could not process anything!! I'm glad I'm able to laugh at myself, because I did some really stupid things this afternoon. Thankfully my coworker is very forgiving. :)

So, I miss Casey a lot. He called this evening and we talked for a bit. It's weird because it's been so long since we've not seen each other for a few days, I guess I anticipated it a bit too much last night because I couldn't sleep very well at all. I can't even blame it on the dog this time. Charley was a big wigged out, too... he got up really early this morning, I guess wondering where Casey was. I decided to treat him tonight by taking him to PetsMart when I got off of work. He got to see 'his people' and let out some energy. If it weren't so cold, I would take him to a park or something and let him play... which reminds me that I really need to find a dog park this spring/summer so he can socialize. If it were warmer, I would attempt to take some action shots of him outside, but the only action he'd be doing at this rate is shivering!

I can't believe it's already 9:00 pm... I don't really like daylight savings time right now! When it started, the office decided they would stay open later, so I now work 1-7 Monday and Friday, and 2-7 Wednesday and Thursday. For some reason I thought it wasn't going to start until May... oh well. For now, it's nice because I don't think many people realize we are open after 6, so the phone calls slowed down considerably!! I didn't think I was going to be able to leave last Friday night. It was one thing after another. The phone was ringing off the hook, mainly with people having problems with their real estate signs. At one point I was juggling 3 phone calls and several agents within the office who had problems. I pretty much ran out the door when I finally got the chance, which was almost 30 minutes later than I was supposed to. I felt especially bad because Billy, Clay, Jenny, and Casey were all at home waiting for me so we could go out to dinner. Friday ended up being a fun night with everyone- Billy took pictures so I'll add a few to the post. Saturday wasn't too bad, although I wish it wouldn't have rained most of the day so we could have gotten to see more of downtown Chicago with the boys. We ate lunch at Uno's, which was pretty good, but we had craptastic service that took longer than it should have, so we spent more time in the restaurant than we wanted to. Hopefully Clay wasn't too disappointed- he wasn't able to find a 'Chicago outfit' like he'd wanted, but it looked like Billy found a few good items, and they wear the same size. :) The weekend went too fast! Charley and I were both pretty wiped out Sunday afternoon, so I slept a good part of the day. I think I may have gotten sick from being outside in the rain on Saturday... oh well.

I guess that's all for now... here are some pictures from the weekend! (Thanks to Billy & Clay for taking the group pics!)

Love,

Ash


Group dinner at Jimmy's Grill, Naperville


Clay and his LEGO friend...


Billy's LEGO 'son'... they almost had the same hair style!!

No comments: