Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Sara & Lindsey's visit: 2-26 thru 3-1


I realize now that I didn't write about Sara & Lindsey's visit at all! Work gave me Thursday & Friday off (which was tough to ask for, considering it was my first week on the job)... I picked the girls up from Midway airport on Thursday afternoon. We went to Walmart to pick up some food for the weekend, and basically hung out at the house until Casey got home from work. We decided to take them to our favorite Japanese restaurant that night. They both tried sushi for the first time, and to my surprise, Sara liked it!! I figured Lindsey would- she'd been to Japan before, but apparently she'd never had sushi rolls before. It was a lot of fun... we even got a picture of us after dinner. PS: I had some wine, and didn't realize that my face lit up like a light bulb for this picture. Yikes!!

We got up Friday and I took the girls to downtown Naperville. We spent a few hours walking around downtown and shopping a bit. We went to Target later that afternoon and ended up spending a few hours there screwing around... esp. trying on crazy sunglasses and being strange, as usual. :) I found a hat that I probably would never have gotten if the girls hadn't said they liked it... see photos. We went out to Tommy Nevin's Pub that night, and Trashley had a great old time. By the end of the evening, some random lady walked up to me and told me she liked my hat... I couldn't pick her out in a line-up. She also said that the guys she was with were enjoying their view of Lindsey. :) An older guy bought her a drink earlier in the evening, but she didn't want to lead him on, so she gave it back to him. He didn't even give it to her personally- I think he had our waitress bring it to her. Weird. Anyway, all I can really say about that evening is that we had a lot of fun, and the next morning I was pretty embarrassed to hear tales of things I had said during the evening. Like I said before, Trashley had a great time. ;)

Saturday we took it pretty easy. It rained pretty hard that night, so we decided to order in pizza and watch a movie. The pizza guy got lost so we ended up getting $40 of food for free! Luckily we weren't starving, so it worked out well.

Sunday we took it pretty easy until it was time to go to Midway and drop the girls off. The weekend was exhausting, but it couldn't have been more fun. I always have a crazy time with my girls!! Although the weather was cold, we still managed to make the most of it, and had a blast together. :-) Enjoy the pics!

Love,

Ash

No comments: