Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Good news!



On Saturday I ran to Barnes & Noble to grab the book Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child and I ran over to the kids section to check out books for Keaton. I ran across a bunch of faves from my childhood, including Harold and the Purple Crayon, a book I used to love. I think I love it even more now because Harold looks so much like Keaton, from the side, at least! I can't wait to start getting more books for him and reading to him more often. (I am terrible at reading aloud, so I'm excited for the practice, too!) I ended up getting him the book Pat the Bunny, which we read when I got home, and he seemed to enjoy. He is starting to like the feel of different materials and textures. In fact, today we sat down with Charley Brown and I had them look at each other and had Keaton pet Charley while I said, "Puppy"... he liked it, and so did Charley... although Chuck liked it a bit too much and wouldn't stop trying to lick Keaton on the hand or in the face. As I've stated before, I definitely don't want that to happen, as I know where the dog's tongue has been and I don't want Keaton to be any part of that!! But I was able to get Charley settled down eventually and all was well with my boys. It will be fun when they can interact more together. I think Charley will feel less depressed at that point. I can't help but feel guilty because CB gets the raw end of the deal most of the time right now. He still gets his kid time with the neighborhood kids, though- if not for them, he would be absolutely pathetic. But things are looking up, and I've been able to play with him more lately while Casey hangs out with Baby K. (Yes, I do realize that I have too many nicknames for all of my boys. I come up with new ones for Keaton every day, and Charley already has at least 10.) On one last Charley note, he actually crawled up in bed with me this morning and we cuddled until I had to kick him out for having too many crazy puppy dreams and shaking the whole bed! That's the first time he's really cuddled with me since Keaton was born... maybe I'm not on his s#!t list anymore??

In other news, I am very happy to report that as of yesterday, we are officially out of credit card debt! Casey is amazing and has really been diligent about making sure we get rid of it. He takes care of all of our finances and has done an awesome job making sure we are where we need to be. :-D

Well, Keaton is chirping at me now so I should go- just wanted to update while I can, especially when there's good news to share!

-Ash

No comments: