Sunday, June 3, 2012

Meet Riese

Houston, we have a puppy!! His name is Riese (pronounced just like 'Reese' but we decided to be all crazy and different...haha) and he's an 8 week old reverse Brindle Boxer. We drove to Michigan today to meet him, and luckily he and Mr. Keaton fell in love. Keaton has been playing with and talking about him all day, and even calls him "my Riese" now. He gets upset when other people try to hold or pet him (currently going through the "mine" stage at our house)... this will probably be a good lesson for Keaton to learn about sharing. Really, though, Keaton has been good with him. About the only thing I would change right now is that Keaton thinks he has to do everything Riese does, i.e. chew on the carpet, eat grass, lick everything. Luckily he hasn't tried to poop in the back yard yet, but I'm going to go ahead and bet he will at least mention it sometime this week.

Other than that, everything has been great. Little Riese sleeps a TON. We played with him for about 15 minutes (he and Keaton took turns chasing each other around the yard) and the little guy passed out on the carpet. He's eating and drinking well, and taking yet another nap. I'm sure I'll be up at least a few times in the night with him to go potty, but that is expected with a "newborn". So, the journey begins. We are dog owners again. I sure do miss Charley, but I know now more than ever, especially after the past 9 hours, that this is the right time for us. I can't wait to see Riese and Keaton grow up together. :)

-Ash

One picture is currently posted on my Flickr site... many, many more to come!!

No comments: