Friday, August 10, 2012

Keatonisms

I'm trying to focus on more positive things lately, as I've hit a bit of a rough patch in... well... life. I thought I would document some things Keaton has said or done lately because I know I'll want to remember them someday.

This morning I was pretty grumpy, so I apologized to Keaton for being in a bad mood. He said, "Mommy, you not in bad mood. You are happy. [This made me smile.] Mommy, you are happy, and smiling! See? You not grumpy anymore!" LOVE this child. And he was right, I wasn't grumpy anymore.

Today he's been eating a lot. Like, all the time. This morning he said he wanted something to eat while he was eating. So this afternoon, after hearing "I want sumping eat" for about the 15th time, I said, "Keaton, where are you putting all this food?" He said, "In my mouth." Ummmm... Duh Mom!!

"Mommy, I love you more than anything... but buttons."

Keaton found a piece of dog food on the floor and thought it was poop. The funniest part about this was when he picked it up and freaked out. "It's poop!! It's poop on the floor!!" Thank goodness it wasn't!

The other night, I was holding Keaton and chatting with a neighbor about how warm it was and how pretty it had been the night before. She said, "Oh, last night was gorgeous!" Keaton chimed in, "Mommy is gorgeous today!" I think I turned 8 to 10 shades of red. :)

*****
Strange things I have heard myself say recently:

-"Keaton, we don't color on our dog with chalk."
-"Please do not sit on your dog's head."
-"Please do not kiss my bottom." He literally did it, so yes, I had to say it. Yikes.
-My favorite, I say it almost every day: "Keaton, please do not touch your boy parts." I know someday he's going to hate that I even wrote that, but I can't help myself. I suppose that's just what boys do. Haha...

*****
 I think that just about sums it up. So blessed to have this little guy... even when it's crazy.
:)

-Ash

-

No comments: