Thursday, August 2, 2012

Status Updates

Because I've slacked so much at the blog lately, I thought I'd update noteworthy moments by copying/pasting my Facebook status updates over the last few weeks. Here you go!

7/15: I had just laid down to sleep and the puppy decided it was time to get up. The string of words that followed would have made my mother blush (at any time except basketball season...).

7/16: It may have taken me 30 years, but I finally realize that negative people bring negative things to your life, and I'm over that. If I want to be a better person for myself and my family, I want to be around positive people that help reinforce it. Time to grow up and move on!

7/17: I was so anxious to make coffee this morning that I spilled grounds all over the counter and the floor. Before I could clean it up, Mr. Riese decided to come "help". I am happy to report that I do not have a puppy bouncing off the walls or running figure 8s through the house... so far.

7/20: Eating breakfast outside on this cool, cloudy morning. I guess we are kind of feeding the birds, too, as Keaton is the messiest muffin eater I know. You're welcome, birds.

7/23: Watching Finding Nemo this morning, and Keaton asks, "Mommy, where is whale's bathroom?" "The whale goes potty in the ocean." "Why?" "Because that's where he lives." "He no go potty in my bathroom?" "No, sweetie." "He use my potty?" "No, sweetie." "Mommy, whale goes to bathroom outside, like Riese?" "Uhhh... yes." "Mommy, whale have big, big, big potty?" "Ummm... YES." "In my bathroom? No. In ocean, outside? Okay!" LOL... this kid kills me sometimes!

7/26: Just enrolled for Fall semester!! I hope to add another class to the roster, or I am going to be in school for the rest of my life. I guess on the bright side, at least I don't *look* like I'm the oldest student in the class... yet.

7/28: My Dad won two gold medals today in the Senior Olympics in singles and doubles bocce ball! Way to go, Pops!

7/29: My Mom said, "Yay Keaton, you won!" He looked at her, confused, and said, "No, I two."

Yesterday (8/1): You know you say something a lot (too much) when you hear your toddler say to his dog, "Riese, come out of there! I count to three. One, two, three! Thank you for listening." LOL!

No comments: