Sunday, October 5, 2008

The House!

Again, I have a long story, but this time it's a good one. On Wednesday, we were given the keys to the house on 'good faith' by the seller and our attorney (if I remember correctly). Casey went to pick up the keys, and the movers came about 10 minutes before he got back. We were able to move in and get everything into the house in a matter of hours. Happy ending!

I absolutely love the house. It's more than I ever thought I would have for a starter home. My parents have been here helping us unpack and get settled in. We have way too much junk. I look forward to having a garage sale sometime in the near future before it gets too cold. :)
It's been great having my parents here. Dad's helped Casey a lot with building various furniture, and Mom and I have taken care of the organizational things. We finally have internet, cable, and telephone... sadly enough, Casey called AT&T a week or so before we were set to move in, and when the guy arrived to install everything, someone had lost our order. He came in, brought all of the equipment, and then sat out in his truck for a good 2 hours while he did 'troubleshooting'. We were told that he wouldn't be able to fix it then, and that someone would have to come next week to finish installing it. Casey called a bunch of people at AT&T to try to get it sorted out, and he finally connected with someone who walked him through the set-up. So, if the job at BP doesn't work out for him, he could definitely get a job with AT&T. He amazes me, what can I say?

So yesterday Casey and I were furniture shopping, and we discovered IKEA for the first time. OH. MY. GOSH. I love that place! I honestly think it's my favorite store of all time. I think it's pretty neat that you can build whatever you want and customize everything. Casey's working on building our entertainment center right now. While it's always nice to have something that you don't have to spend hours building yourself, I think it will definitely be worth it, because it's what we wanted and couldn't find anywhere else (without paying an arm and a leg). The prices are very reasonable there and I honestly think I could spend an entire day there without getting bored. Yay IKEA!

I'm sure there's plenty more I could write right now, but it's 6:55 a.m. and I'm not going to be functional the rest of the day if I don't try to sleep a little more. Charley busted in our room a little bit ago and laid on my legs, so I had a hard time sleeping because my legs started losing circulation. I swear, that guy has a knack for laying right on top of me. Speaking of him, though, he seems to be enjoying the new place. He's still skiddish and of course he's scared of all of the boxes around, but he loves going on walks with Dad and getting so much attention from Mom while we're busy getting everything set up. Oh, and we've met just about all of the neighbors, and I really like them! The majority of them seem to be in their early to mid-30s, and all of them have kids, or at least have one on the way. We should have a ton of trick-or-treaters!!!

That's all for now... I'll try to update again soon!

-Ashley (Homeowner!!!) ;)

PS: It's freaking cold here. I'm running out of long-sleeved shirts to wear so I plan to go shopping soon to take care of that problem... I just thought I'd have a little more time before I had to put a jacket on to go outside! Of course, Casey's not having any problems with the weather, and rarely puts on long sleeves or uses a jacket. If only I were a little more warm-blooded. ;)

1 comment:

Jenny said...

You just discovered IKEA for the first time? Wow! Isn't it great!? I have a whole bedroom set from there and I can't wait to add to that. If you saw my blog way back when you can see my bedroom set. :)

BTW, Olivier is here this week and says hi!