Friday, October 10, 2008

Only to me...

The past few days have been spent at the house, though they have been a lot less productive than they were when my parents were here. I've done probably 10 loads of laundry this week because we didn't have access to a machine until they were installed on Tuesday. We had to buy a new dryer because we had a gas set-up instead of electric, and it was going to be less expensive to buy a new one than it would have to install a new line for the electric. So we bought a nice new High Efficiency washer and dryer that work well. Wednesday, our new dishwasher came. The old one at the house was broken, so the seller agreed to give us money to replace it. So far we haven't had enough dishes to run a cycle, but I'm anxious to see how it works.

I think that's about it for new appliances so far. The main reason why I wanted to write today was to tell you what happened to me just a bit ago. Charley had to go to the bathroom, so I went outside the back screen door with him. When I shut the screen door, I heard a click, and realized we were locked out of the house. I was still in my pj's (I'm not feeling well today so I'm lounging around) and I'm in desperate need of a shower. So of course this is the time the screen door locks. The ironic part is that I have a hard time locking it from the inside because the track is slightly off, so I have to jiggle it a bit to get it into place. But when I go outside, suddenly it decides to slip right into place. Of course. So I go to the front yard and try out the garage door. That doesn't work. We have never gotten it to work from the outside by pushing the keypad, even though we know what the code is. I go to the front door, which is also locked. Beautiful. I go to the back yard again to see what I can do about the screen door. I even call Casey and leave a message to see if he has any suggestions. Then I remembered that when I took Charley out to go to the bathroom earlier, someone had been in the yard marking AT&T lines with spray paint and little flags. I picked up one of the flags, bent it, and stuck it through the screen. It took a few times, but I was able to lift up the lock and get in. I think I may have been a cat burglar in a previous life or something. Either way, we're in the house now, and I think I'm going to let him go out by himself next time.

That's all for now. I'll take some pictures soon (I'm actually hunting for my camera right now- it got moved around somewhere in all the craziness- I'm sure it's here- but I'm freaking out a little right now because it's not in plain sight.) Anyway, I'll update the pics soon and show you what we've been up to in the house. :)

-Ashley

No comments: