Friday, April 17, 2009

Arghhhh...

I feel the need to vent a bit. The past few days have been a string of weird and slightly annoying little things that are getting on my nerves, and I figured I'd better get it out before I lose my mind!! If that hasn't happened already...

Work has been going better lately. I want to start out on a positive note because I was in a rut for a bit and didn't know if I wanted to stick with it or not. I'm glad I have. I think I was having a hard time transitioning from when we weren't as busy and I was just learning the ropes to now, where the phones are ringing off the hook and I have a lot more responsibilities. There are a few people I work with that are starting to get to me; the ones that are super needy, or the ones that think they know everything and have attitude problems. I'm pretty sure at this point that it's their personality trait and not something they will grow out of over time. I am happy to say that there are not many people that fall into either of these categories, so for the most part, I really enjoy the people I work with.

It's a certain few that are making me have a quick fuse the last few days. I can hold it in most of the time (although the girl I work with at the front desk definitely knows how I feel, and I feel comfortable enough with her that I can make a face at her and she knows who I'm making it about and why). It seems like one person here is jealous, and has to act out to get attention. For some reason this person is always trying to step in and take over when I'm trying to help someone else. It feels like there's always tension for some reason, and it's definitely not on my part. Luckily I do not work for this person, I'm only really affected by their constant complaints in general, and for the past few days, the way they comment on things I do around the office. They say it loud enough for me to hear, but not directly to me. I just get kind of tired of hearing it. It's not bad enough yet to go to my supervisor or anything, but it just bugs me a bit. I'm just going to keep doing my job and hope that I'm doing things correctly, and if this person wants to make comments when I do something wrong, then I may pull her aside at some point and say something. Anyway, just needed to vent.

Something strange happened today that got my day started on a weird note. Our power went out around 11:30ish this morning, and didn't come right back on like it normally does. I went outside and saw that most of our neighbors were gone, so I went next door to Cathy & Ray's to see if they had power. No one was home. I put two and two together when I tried to ring their doorbell and didn't hear it make any noise. So I went back in and called the electric company, only to find out that apparently the power went out for the blocks between 103rd and 127th streets. They anticipated that it would not come back on until 1:15 pm. I realized that I wouldn't be able to get my car out of the garage, so I called Casey to troubleshoot opening the door without power. I don't know if it was because our garage door is a piece of crap, or I'm not very strong (why not both)... I could not lift the door even after pulling the 'emergency' rope. So I called work to let them know that I would be in whenever the power came back on. About 2 minutes later, the power came back on, but the garage door wouldn't open because I apparently knocked it off track. I saw Cathy drive up next door so I had her come over and try to help. In the end, she ended up stepping on a step ladder and holding the door open for me so I could get the car out. I made it in to work on time.

What a day. There's plenty more, but unfortunately I'm out of time. I'll try to update again later. Thanks for listening to my rant!!!

-Ashley

No comments: