Monday, April 27, 2009

When it clicks...

Last night, I couldn't shake this overwhelming feeling of worry. Everyone that knows me knows I worry about everything, practically all the time. I couldn't figure out what it was. The feeling went away for most of today, but just this afternoon, it hit me again... and I finally figured out what it is.

I am worried about my mother.

She's going to read this and probably roll her eyes, but I would like her to know that I get this trait from HER, so she shouldn't blame me. :-P She's going in for surgery tomorrow and I just wish I could be home to help out. It's going to be difficult for her to do things she normally does for awhile, and I know this will bother her. She doesn't like feeling like she has to rely on other people to help her out. Dad, I'm relying on you to do that since I can't be there... No Pressure!! :-D

I guess that's about it. I just had to write it out because it was bugging me.

In other news, the weekend went too fast. it was unseasonably warm on Friday and part of Saturday. Casey and I went with Melanie to the Daffodil Festival near Schaumburg, IL. A cold front came in while we were in the middle of the park, so we had to run a good distance in the rain before we made it back to the main building. We ended up going into the 'rain forest' part of the park, and needless to say, I ended up with an afro. Okay, not a full one, but my hair definitely poofed up and out. I can't wait until it's long enough to pull back again!!

Yesterday, Casey and I stayed at the house and spent most of the day cleaning and cooking. We grilled chicken and veggies and I made mashed potatoes and gravy. It was a good meal, and I'm looking forward to having more of it when I get home tonight! Only 7 more minutes until I can get out of here... it's dragging right now. The work day was pretty busy until around 5:00, and I've gotten all of my tasks on the To Do list checked off now. It's the first time in a long time that the phone hasn't been ringing off the hook. I know I'll miss my boredom at a later time (probably not too much later than now, though) when it's crazy here and I don't get to leave at 7:00. Until then, I'll sit here and think too much about life, and then force myself to blog so my brain doesn't explode. Idle time has never been a good thing for me.

Anyway, I'll stop rambling now. Time to get out of here and hang out with my boys.

Love,

Ash

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You were right...I rolled my eyes! Please try not to worry about me honey..I'm certain it will be alright...(if this blooming medicine doesn't kill me before I even have surgery!!!! IT IS THE YUCKEST STUFF I HAVE EVER TASTED!!!!) Love you lots...Mom