Thursday, August 13, 2009

Appointments and Craziness

As a true slacker, I think it's been at least a few weeks since I've written. Well here I am again... this time with quite a bit more to tell!

First of all, I took my first round of Leslie's senior pictures last week. I think out of anxiety, I waited to look at them until today. I have to say, I'm a bit disappointed in myself, but I realize that it is my first real time taking Senior Pictures... maybe I should cut myself a little slack. It has been years since I tried to pose someone in pictures, and I'm pretty rusty. I'm glad we have at least one or two more sessions to work on that aspect of things. I think a few of them turned out well, though. I'm beating myself up over some of the angles, and lighting. But overall, I think she might approve of a few of them. I'm thankful we went out Thursday when the weather was perfect... because it rained all day Friday, and turned to an inferno Saturday & Sunday. Oh well, there will be other times! So that pretty much sums up the end of last week.

I woke up Monday morning at 5:30 to the tune of Casey freaking out because I did not wash any of his work pants over the weekend. Oh crap. With Leslie's arrival on Wednesday, I spent the majority of the time hanging out with her, and totally neglected some (most) of the household duties. By Monday, I realized that I barely had work pants to wear, either! Way to go, Ash! I took care of it, but needless to say it was tough to get back to sleep for a bit before I had to get back up and get ready for work myself. I'm trying to make up for that misstep this week as we will be out of town this weekend. We're headed back to Topeka on Friday night (tomorrow!!!) for Casey's 10 year high school reunion! I think I may be a bit more excited about it than he is. He doesn't seem to be dreading it, but I find myself thinking about it quite a bit as the week goes on. That also means my HS reunion is right around the corner! Wow...

I ended up working a bit more hours this week than I had expected, but I think with the extended time off last week, I was happier to be there. I also think that I'm finally getting more energy now, so my productivity at work is improving. I feel like I've been dragging a bit the last month or so. Anyway, Michelle is off today, so I am half expecting a phone call from them to have me come in a little earlier, but so far I'm glad I haven't heard anything, because I have plenty to do around the house! That includes blogging!!!

Yesterday I went back to the doctor for my ~12 week check-up. We got to hear Peanut's heartbeat again, which was really neat. :) The doc estimated that it was ~160 bpm. I also found out that my blood type; A+! That is one of the few A+'s I've ever gotten in my life!! ;-) I always wondered what it was, so it was nice to know. They said my blood looked good (meaning it wasn't out of whack like it's been in the past) and I am not anemic. That's something I was a little concerned about, too, so I'm glad things are looking good in that department. Next time I go, in 5 weeks, we are doing the blood screening for Downs Syndrome and other defects. I'm a little nervous about that one, but all I can do is continue to eat well, exercise, and hope for the best. Oh, I almost forgot! All my worry about thinking I was gaining too much weight was put to ease yesterday when they said I lost a pound! That's pretty strange... but they didn't seem concerned. I have been walking a lot more in the past week, so maybe that had something to do with it. (I stole Casey's pedometer and have been taking it to work each day to find out how much I walk... I've averaged 4500 steps/day, just at the office! And last Saturday when Casey, Leslie and I went to downtown Chicago, I walked 9500 steps just in the afternoon. No wonder I lost some weight!)

We scheduled the 20 week ultrasound/check-up for 9 weeks from now. By then they should be able to tell the sex of the baby. That just means we have 9 weeks to decide if we want to know or not! The debate continues. :)

Well, I guess that's about it for now. I've got a busy month ahead:
Aug 14-16: Topeka for Casey's HS Reunion (and my mom's birthday!!)
Next week: Parents come up to help with our basement project... which we haven't worked on since mid-June.
Week after: Casey's Grandma & Grandpa Hetrick arrive to help with the basement.
Aug 28th: First day of class for me!
September 5th-6th: Kansas City for Ben's wedding (What the heck am I going to wear?!!?)
Sept 13th: Dr appointment/blood screening
There is talk that the Hetricks might come to town the week after... more Senior pics?
End of September... I will drop dead from exhaustion. j/k

One day at a time... speaking of time, looks like I need to get back to the laundry. :-|

Love,

Ash

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are the funniest little girl I know!! And I love you a lot!!