Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Too much energy for 6 a.m.

Alright, I think I have way too much energy for it being so early in the morning, but I have good motivation... Last night, Case and I did some price comparisons on things we need for the baby, and this morning I am on a mission to 1) get things we wanted at a good discount, and 2) spend the heck out of some of the gift cards we got at the baby showers. I love being married to a guy who minored in Economics (unless he talks me out of buying something I really want... but I later realize it's a good thing and forgive him... haha). We spent a good hour on the computer last night, comparing items from Target & Babies R Us, and found that a lot of things at Target are less expensive, so getting the gift cards to Target turned out to be a good thing. We also got quite a few Visa gift cards for Christmas and the 2nd baby shower, so that'll help out with the bedding from Baby Depot, as well as a number of things elsewhere. I am kind of anxious to get the bedding, even though we don't have a crib... yet. Cribs To College called while we were in Topeka, and not only are they sending us a new crib, they are going to come to our house, haul off the old one, and assemble the new one for free! It should be here in the next 2 weeks. I think I may have mentioned it before, but I am really impressed by CTC. They are a local, family-owned business in Naperville. They don't work on commission, so we enjoyed going in because we knew that we could look around without feeling like vultures were circling us (unlike the way it felt to go to The Buckle at Westridge Mall... I could never go in there without being hounded by a bunch of sales people!!). The fact that they have offered to do the replacement and installation for free just makes things better. I'll be sure to update when everything is said and done, though.

The dog is officially driving me nuts this morning. He is WOUND UP and already wanting to play. He just went outside to go to the bathroom, and apparently saw something in the neighbor's yard that freaked him out. He was bounding all around back yard in the snow, and wouldn't come inside. Then he busted into the house and tracked snow everywhere. Now he has his new blue lobster toy from Christmas (thanks Mom!) and he's squeaking it in my face. I realize the kid needs more playtime, and I need to let him out somehow to spend up some of his energy... I just don't want to fall in the snow, etc., so I'm limited on what I can do with him right now. I really wish there was some kind of indoor dog park nearby. So far I don't think anyone has ever thought of doing this, or if so, it's not popular enough to be in our area yet. And now here Charley is again, bringing me Kong. I hope this isn't a theme for the day.

Today I plan on shopping, baking cookies and using my new cookie press and decorating tools, and getting my hair cut. I need to take the Christmas tree down, but we'll see how much energy I have after everything else I want to do today. Yesterday I didn't get a whole lot done until the afternoon... I think I was trying to catch Casey's cold, so I spent most of the morning attempting to sleep or lounging around, and congested. I ended up going to Walmart later in the afternoon once I started feeling better. I saw the awesome greeter guy who spoke to me more than ever before! He even helped me with my coat! Someday I'll get a picture of this dude... I'm telling you... BEST GREETER EVER. I am also still impressed with the Plainfield Walmart in general. I thought I would have to wait in line yesterday, but they opened a new line right away and I only waited about 2 minutes. The longest I have ever waited in line was 5 minutes, and even that wasn't so bad. It's always clean, and the people are friendly and helpful. I actually feel safe there, something I never could have said in Topeka or Columbia. They have changed my mind now- I officially don't mind going to Walmart anymore!

It's hard to believe that there are only a few more days left in 2009. Next year is going to be a big one for us, but I'm excited to see all the things that we get to do. Baby Hetrick is going to change everything!

I guess I should go now... I'm going to find out what time Target opens so I can get there early... it's supposed to start snowing sometime this morning, and I really don't want to drive around too much in it. Speaking of driving... we're going to get a new vehicle sometime in the next few weeks! We have to get rid of the truck, which actually makes me sad because I know Casey enjoyed having it... we just can't put a car seat in it safely. I know Case isn't too excited about driving my Jetta, either. I truly don't deserve to get a new car, based on the way I took care of the old one, but I plan to step it up and take better care of the one we get.

Anyway, I will really go this time. Write again later!

-Ash

No comments: