Thursday, December 31, 2009

Sayonara 2009!



First, I would like to thank my father for shaving a year or two off my life last night. I think it was right around 8 pm, and my cell phone rings. It's Mom's cell phone number. I instantly panic because 1) they never call this late, and 2) when they do, and it's from Mom's cell, it's usually letting me know that Mom is in the hospital or something. So, I answer it, and hear Dad's voice. Immediately I think the worst- my heart starts beating out of my chest. I say, "What's wrong?" and Dad's like, "Well, everything's okay, but..." [long pause] "I can't figure out how to get my USB stick out of the computer." I hand the phone to Casey so I can allow my heart rate to get back to normal. Dad, I'm glad Casey could help you. Sorry to jump to conclusions, but can you blame me? That's the first time you've called that late and it wasn't a real emergency!! AHHHHH!!! I'm okay now.

Anyway, it's hard to believe this is the last day of the year. 2009 has been a good one, and I'm really looking forward to 2010. I have no idea what kinds of things I will be able to say this time next year, but I should have a little kid toddling around a year from now. I wonder what they will look and act like. I wonder if I'll be back in school yet. I wonder if I'll miss working, or will be fully enjoying Mommyhood and not thinking twice about a paycheck. I wonder what Casey will be doing at BP this time next year. I wonder if Charley will enjoy having a toddler around (and I would imagine so, since that will mean that more food ends up on the floor for him to eat!). Crazy to know that I'm right on the edge of a year full of change. I think I'm starting to actually be ready for it.

Not sure yet how we will ring in the New Year, but it looks to be very low-key compared to previous ones, for obvious reasons. I think we may even stay in tonight, cook dinner, and watch a movie. I think tomorrow we will venture out, since Casey has the day off. I suddenly had a flashback to Japan 4 years ago... one of the craziest and most fun New Years I have ever had. :) My, how life has changed!! Again, I don't regret it.

Finally, here are a few random pictures for you. I previously forgot to take a picture of the outside of our house with the Christmas lights, so I took one last night. (*Before I forget... you can barely see him, but Charley is looking out the office window in this picture!) I also took pictures (above) of some cookies I made yesterday for our neighbors who took care of our deliveries that came in while we were in Topeka. Finally, Casey posed for a picture on Monday night when he was sick, and Charley was curled up with him... I call it "Sick Puppies" even though Charley wasn't actually sick... don't they look pathetic? (Casey may have played the face up a bit... Charley always looks that way, though.) :-)



Love,

Ash

No comments: