Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Serenity Now!!

I posted this as my status on Facebook today, but for good reason: How do you teach patience when you need some yourself?

1) I absolutely adore my child, but he was in rare form today. He was super moody, and hyper, and doing things he knows he's not supposed to (like touch electrical outlets, climb on toys/furniture, throw things from his high chair, and put random objects in his mouth, to name a few). It wore me out. I also know that he knows he's not supposed to do these things, because he will look at me as he is about to touch said electrical outlet and say, "No!". I have to laugh about it now, or I may go crazy!!

2) Top this off with the fact that (sorry in advance) I got my period today for the first time in two years. That's right, for the first time since before I found out I was preggo with Keaton. Nursing until he was 15 months old made it stay away longer, and so I guess my body finally got back in sync again. I really didn't realize how much your body changes before and after you have a child. Will it ever be normal again? (Was it ever normal??) Anyway, all the PMS symptoms are back in full force, and I just want to crawl into bed and sleep. Wah wah wah... tomorrow is a better day! Thank goodness for Excedrin PMS. :)

So if you add up these two factors alone, my patience level is lower than normal. I find myself being frustrated over the tiniest little things the past few days. I have zero energy and really have to push myself to get anything done. I mean, moreso than normal. Then I've got this little boy who is super curious and into everything, and I have to step back and say, "Breathe. It's not his fault you are in a crappy mood." And all is well again.

Sorry to be a downer. I don't like writing entries like this, but I also have to get it out. Tomorrow will be a better day! I hope to wake up with energy, and motivation, and lots and lots of patience! :)

-Ash

2 comments:

Lilli O said...

Youre not a downer...we all have days and weeks like this. As hard as it is now, remember this will pass. Remember those hard days when they were newborns? Trust me, we will prob have harder days to come, but for now...the thing I try to tell myself is, truly, they wont stay like this forever. Someday they will tell us to drop them off 3 blocks away.

Oh and be careful on the second child thing, if youre not ready, that is.... I had one period and bam, hello Colin! :) I was even nursing!

Anyway, hope your week gets better. Hang in there!

Jenny said...

Yeah, the first period after sucked and now I crave sweets and break out like a teenager when I get mine and I have a Mirena...craziness!