Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Mush in the Brain

I think I will probably depend on this blog when I need to reference things Keaton has been doing lately. And if the little guy would be more consistent about his nap schedule, I might be able to blog more often. Or more consistently. I think a theme for my blog thus far has to be my consistency of being inconsistent. Ugh.

Mr. Keaton is one busy little guy. When he's awake, he does not sit still. If he does, he is either 1) leaving me a gift in his diaper, or 2) doing something he shouldn't. If I am doing something in another room and 30 seconds go by and I haven't heard anything out of him, I know to go find him and see what he's getting into. Usually he's hoarding silicone oven mitts from the kitchen, stealing remotes ("mo"s), or sneaking into my bedroom and playing with Casey's belts in the closet. When he's really tired, sometimes he will walk around the house and point out all the things he is not supposed to play with. This morning he went up to the electrical outlet and said, "No!"... then he walked to the trash can and did the same thing. (I think someone needs to put a shock collar on me and buzz me every time I say 'no' to him, I must say it a lot. Bad Mommy!) I try to say, "Let's not do that" or at least distract him with something else, but that doesn't always work. And what about the times he does something he is definitely not supposed to do (touch outlets, twist himself up in the curtains, or other things that could seriously injure him)? When I try to correct him, he laughs at me. I am sort of at a loss as far as discipline goes for a 16 month old. It's tough to be genuinely upset/concerned about the kid and he's cracking up!! (Sigh)... it's just a phase... just a phase.

I am so ready to go home this weekend!! I think I just need a change of scenery. We (Keaton and I) have gotten stuck in a rut lately and I feel a bit burnt out- it will be good to see family and be in a different environment for a few days. Bring it!

Sorry, I will try to write more later. For now, I need to get to bed... my brain, or what's left of it, is mushy. :)

Love,

Ash

No comments: