Friday, July 8, 2011

Early Morning Update

Some early morning thoughts for you today. I am up before the sun, and before MY son, which is very very rare. Casey and I managed to be in bed and asleep by 10 last night, which is also rare. So I am awake, and luckily Mr. K is not... yet. I figure he will sense I am blogging so he should wake up anytime now (although I would absolutely LOVE it if he slept past 6... he hasn't done that for me at all this week!).

I got a haircut last night. I decided to switch is up a little and had my stylist part it on the opposite side. We'll see if I can tolerate the change... I just needed something different. Casey didn't even notice, which kind of cracked me up. I looked at him, pointed at my hair, and said, "... nothing?"  Then he looked me over and couldn't figure out what was new. LOL... I think that must be a mean joke to play on a man...not many guys I know would have noticed, either. I think it's drastic, but I also analyze myself in the mirror on a pretty regular basis, so I shouldn't expect him to know what's different right away. It's not like I dyed my hair blue or shaved it off... I think he would notice then. I think. ;) (Just kidding, babe... if you ever happen to read this.)

In other news, we just got back Tuesday from another quick trip to Topeka. We had a lot of fun- maybe too much- because it went so fast that I barely remember we were there. Keaton absolutely LOVED all the attention from everyone, and has take the rest of the week since we've been back to kind of 'detox' from all the attention. He's also getting at least one, maybe two of his canine teeth, which has actually not gone well at all. He has been probably the moodiest he has ever been, and super clingy. Needless to say, I am very thankful today is Friday. I am ready for a weekend without many plans. I am ready for Casey to be home and to help mellow Keaton out a little. I also think I will finally cash in my massage that the boys bought me for Mother's Day last year. I have never made time to go, which is sad. Oh well... hopefully it'll work out.

I also have a dentist appointment in the morning... yay.

In other (good) news, we got a Dyson vacuum a few weeks ago, but didn't actually get to use it until last night. Boy, was it worth the money!! I just did a once-over in the living room and hallway, and the amount of crud the thing sucked up was incredible!! Our central vac still works, but we needed something a little more heavy-duty. I highly recommend it! We got the one without the ball (Casey read better ratings on it) and so far, so good. Woot woot.

What else, what else... I guess I should attempt to remember things we did in Topeka. Actually, I'll do it with pictures, since it's been FOREVER since I posted them on here. Here you go!

Surprised De at the lake for her 50th birthday!
Keaton and Evelyn had a play date!

Spent quality time with family!

Look at this boy... growing up so fast...

Quality time celebrating July 4th with the fam
Fun with Fireworks (and photography)

We also went out to the lake on the 4th, and Casey got to ski. Keaton and I got to swim in the lake, which was fun. Speaking of Keaton, he is awake now... and it's after 6! Yay!  Happy weekend, everyone!

-Ashley

No comments: