Friday, July 29, 2011

Til It's Gone

I hate how clear things can be in hindsight. I know I have talked about this before, but it seems to be a theme in my life... and that is just becoming more apparent to me in the last week.

There is a chance we could be moving. To Ohio. And it didn't hit me until the realtor showed us houses in the Toledo area on Monday... we've got so much work to do if we move. This house has been terrific, especially for our first home. We really got lucky with the house, neighborhood, and price. It also amazes me how much different the housing market is now, and how much more house we could have in Toledo for the same price that we paid for this one, which we are outgrowing. We could easily get a 4 bedroom, 2 bathroom house with finished basement and a lot of other perks for the same price we paid for our little 2 bedroom ranch in Plainfield. It's hard not to get excited about something like that.

Still, though, thinking about moving has put a lot of other things in perspective for me. The friendships we've made here. The places I wish we would have gone more often. The classes I should have taken. Things I wish we would have done to the house that would have made it much more pleasing to the eye if we have to sell it. Hindsight, like Karma, is kind of a bitch. Why couldn't I have seen these things before?

Nothing is set in stone, and we probably won't have any decisions made until sometime next month, but it still makes you step back and realize the things you have that you didn't even notice until you might not have them anymore. Sometimes I think life is all about perspective... I really need to find a new one and take advantage of what I have right in front of me before I don't have it anymore.

And with that, I am motivated to go clean something. :)

-Ash

1 comment:

Chimpsea said...

Toledo! Wow - keep us posted. I'm also amazed at how different housing markets are in different areas. We could have soooo much more house if we lived somewhere else. *sigh*