Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Scaling the walls.

I just saw Keaton climb up on the couch by himself. Yay for scary milestones! As long as he doesn't try to climb out of his crib, I think we will be okay. Right?? One of my friends has a little girl named Harper that was born on the same day as Keaton, and she and her husband had to transition the crib to a toddler bed recently because Harper figured out how to climb out. I sincerely hope Keaton decides to wait for awhile... I don't know how we will ever get him to go to sleep when he realizes he can get out by himself and play instead! 

Last night he woke up crying at 12:30, 1:30, 2:30 to almost 3, and 5 a.m., before waking up at 6:30 for the day. He is pretty tired right now, but he doesn't act like he wants to sleep at all... I hope he gives in soon so I can get something done around here! Luckily he's not in a bad mood (like he was most of yesterday). His tummy was upset part of the night, and at 5 I decided to let him come sleep in bed with me- something he rarely ever does anymore. It seemed to calm him down a bit, and we both got a little bit more sleep. Hopefully he'll decide that a 2 hour nap sounds good. I could get a lot done in that amount of time... the floor needs to be mopped and the kitchen is a disaster! The bathrooms could use a good cleaning as well. Looks like he is slowing down a bit right now, so instead of blog, I'm going to get a start on getting the house clean. If any other milestones come up, I'll be sure to let you know. :)

-Ash

No comments: