Sunday, July 24, 2011

Things I'm thankful for today...

  1. Driving in crazy weather and making it to our destination (Toledo, OH) without any problems.
  2. The hotel and area we are staying in is nice, clean, and friendly.
  3. The baby monitor reception reaches all the way downstairs to the restaurant/bar, so we can sit and relax after Keaton goes to sleep!
  4. Keaton is asleep!
  5. There is a pretty decent sushi restaurant right across the street from the hotel and we went there for dinner.
  6. I realize I haven't yet talked about why we are here... Casey has a job interview on Tuesday. We are here checking out the area. There is a decent chance we won't be moving and Casey won't change his jobs (at the Naperville location, at least), but he is keeping his options open. Thus, we took the family road trip here today.
I think that's about all for now. I really hope Keaton sleeps better than he has the past week. Darn those teeth!! All he can talk about is "wah wah"... he even says it in his sleep. Operation "Eliminate Pacifier" will begin shortly after this trip is over.

Random: I am sitting by a window at the restaurant right now, and Casey is sitting outside the window with a glass of wine and a cigar. For people that don't know we are married, we probably look strange as we keep looking at each other and "talking" back and forth. I always wonder what people would think in situations like this if they observed us without knowing our situation. As someone who does that with other people, I would find it humorous. Anyway... more later. :)

-Ash

No comments: