Thursday, February 16, 2012

2nd birthday, sickness, and funny quotes from photo class

I'm attempting to be better at blogging by linking pictures from my phone to the blog. It may not count as a written entry, but at least it's something since I've been so slack busy lately and not writing often. Lots going on around here! Keaton turned two last weekend, and with that came the nastiest bug he's had yet. It's knocked him out for the past 5 days, and he still has an intermittent fever, along with a cough, congestion, and yet another ear infection. This poor kid can't catch a break. Our families flew up for his birthday last weekend, and he got sick shortly after. Casey's family left Sunday afternoon, and my parents left Tuesday (Valentine's Day). Needless to say, besides dinner Monday night, it was a very low-key holiday. I stayed home Tuesday to be with Keaton, and then this morning Casey stayed home with him while I went to my morning class. Thankfully my afternoon class was a lab today, so I wasn't obligated to go. I sincerely hope whatever this is will leave quickly because it's tough seeing Keaton so lethargic and quiet. I've enjoy cuddling with him, but I also have no idea how I'm not sick yet. I'm going to have to disinfect the entire house this weekend!

Anyway, even though today feels like Monday to me because it's the first time I've showered/put make-up on/left the house since the start of the week, I'm glad it's finally Thursday. I'm ready for the weekend if it means that Mr. K will be healthy again.

On a different note, my classmates and I have started writing down funny things my Intermediate Photography teacher says during class. While most of them are not as funny as they were when he said them (in a funny voice, or given the context of whatever we were talking about at the time) there are a few that I think are worth sharing. He is funny and sarcastic, and half the time we don't know what the heck he's talking about... but it makes for an entertaining class period. We'll tentatively call it "Sh*t my Photography Teacher Says"

"This video is about blind photographers. They are blind- that means there's hope for you guys!"

"[This photo] may not be interesting, but it's so interesting that I got another one!"

"I was wrestling with an Italian woman once..."

"I wanted to feel pretty today so I put on my black tights to go with my new haircut." (He's married, by the way. To a woman. He was indeed wearing black 'tights' under his jeans because he was cold.)

"There's nothing worse than a drummer who does not know when to quit the solo."

"Computers make your butt get bigger. And bigger. Because you are sitting."

"I try to follow my mind sometimes, but it doesn't really go anywhere." - I may have to steal that one.

-Ash

No comments: