Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Christmas 2012

Today is Christmas, and I'm really thankful that I was able to spend it at home with my family. I know missing Keaton's reaction when he saw his gifts from Santa would have been a tough thing to deal with, not to mention all the amazing food my Mom and Casey fixed. This was such a strange year for all of us, but I'm glad everything worked out so well. I sincerely hope I can spend New Years Eve at home, too... It will really depend on tomorrow's doctors appointments. I have one with MFM at 9:30 am and another with my OB (assuming I'm not admitted to the hospital) at 3:45. If my cervix is the same or I'm not dilated, I'm assuming they'll send me home. I can't help but be nervous, as usual. On the bright side, I'm over 27 weeks now, and unless something crazy happens I could definitely make it past 28. Even if my water broke, there is a chance they could intervene in the right circumstances and hold delivery off at least a day or two. That's the scariest part about being home, though- I know the 20+ minute drive to the hospital could complicate things. Anyway, it's hard not to think of these things when you're on bed rest. I think too much, probably. Sometimes I freak myself out, then wake up in the morning and forget the anxiety I had the night before. Then I wonder if I'm getting too comfortable. Who knows. I think driving yourself a little nutty is probably common in my situation.

Again, I'm thankful to have had the most normal Christmas I could have in this situation. The family had been good about trying to accommodate me in events, which is nice. Laying down to do everything is tough sometimes, though. I haven't really mastered the art of eating while laying down, and I drop just about everything I reach for. I miss sitting at the table and not dropping food on my chest and neck. I also miss standing up to shower- I have to have a shower seat now. I feel kind of elderly sometimes, and can't do much for myself... Luckily I can still go to the bathroom and dress myself just fine (even if putting in socks can be tricky with this ever-expanding belly in front of me). So yeah... Tomorrow it's anther day, and another appointment. Hopefully I'll be able to update from home and not the hospital! I'll try too include some pictures from the last few days, if my phone will allow.

-Ash

No comments: