Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Seven weeks old, & Keatonisms

I'm overdue on a few things. First off, the boys had their Ped check up Tuesday morning: Nik is 5 lbs 15.5 oz, 18.5 inches long. Rowan is 5 lbs 8.5 oz and 18.25 inches long. Ro needs a bit of a calorie boost again, it would appear, but is otherwise doing well. They both had three vaccinations, and were very fussy all afternoon. I spent most of the afternoon on the couch holding them because they would scream if I didn't. Not a productive day, but we made it work.

Last night we had a parent teacher conference for Keaton that went well. His teacher, Ms. Nelly, said that he is very smart and strong. She called his vocabulary "amazing". And to Casey's delight, she informed us that he likes math and numbers. I'm proud of him and am excited to do some fun things with him at home to encourage his learning.

I haven't written Keatonisms in awhile: here are some recent ones (stolen from Facebook posts):

To me, of course..."I need you not to move or talk. I'm going to fix you."

After watching an episode of Curious George for the 500th time about "Toots", a germ that goes inside George, he says, "I had a strange dream. About Toots. He was in my body. He was heading for the stomach!" (The tone in his voice made this hysterical!)

Keaton Alexander, weatherman: "It is warm and cold and the sun is out." About as accurate as the real ones.

"I wanna look in your ear. Oh! A purple bird! I see a blue bird. You have to go to the hospital doctor. I will take you there."

"Can I see the roller coasters?" (Talking about drink coasters)

"Can I brush your hair? Because it's bad." It was.

Talking about the day a deer ran in front of Casey's car, "Ohhhhhhhh no! That was a bad day."
  

Walking around Sam's Club Saturday when Keaton yells out, "Mommy, I like wine!" and a little later, "I drink beer! Daddy, do we need more beer?" Ohhhh my goodness. I'm waiting for Child Services to knock on the door.
*****

More soon!!

-Ash

No comments: