Tuesday, February 24, 2009

My New Job!!

Today was my first day as a part-time receptionist at Baird & Warner. While I only worked for 2.5 hours because I had class this afternoon, I really enjoyed my time at work, and didn't want to leave! The people I work with are really nice. I have a ton of names to learn... there are over 100 people at our Naperville branch! I also need to figure out the telephones... this is the first time I've used phones that have a ton of different buttons, so I definitely got confused and a little nervous when the phone rang today. I only hung up on one person today! I feel bad, but luckily I was able to tell him that it was my first day before I attempted to transfer him to his wife... then I pushed the wrong button. It will take some practice, but I think by tomorrow I should understand it quite a bit more.
I will be working with a girl named Michelle. She is moving up to full-time and I am taking her place in part-time. I really like her- she was super helpful today! She answered all my questions and then some. I'm excited to have such a good trainer!
I got introduced to the entire group today during their awards meeting. People kept coming to the front desk and introducing themselves to me, and after awhile I couldn't even catch people's names because I was meeting so many of them. Michelle showed me the website where I can cheat and sort of quiz myself with names and faces. I don't know what my complete job will entail right now, but I should find out a lot more tomorrow. I work from 10 to 6, which probably won't happen very often as I'll work the afternoon shift starting next week. I am so thankful to Sharon for letting me know about the job opening- I owe her big time!!! :)
I guess that's about it for today- I'm sure I'll have a lot more to write about tomorrow!

Love,

Ash

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Glad it went well, hopefully this job keeps on being a good fit. :)