Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Puppies and Productivity

Keaton has been asleep since 10:30 this morning, so I figured if I signed on to blog, he'd wake up. Yes, that's right, the lady who complains about her child not sleeping is now thinking of ways to wake him up. I am very glad he's taking an awesome nap- I'm still not sure if he's really transitioning to one big nap per day, but it would appear that way. Then again, it's hard to tell. Oh, parenthood... you always leave me with so many questions!

I have managed to be pretty productive the past 2 days. Dusting, laundry, sweeping, mopping... I'm not sure what's going on with me, but hopefully it sticks around. I think the warmer weather, and the fact that my house was an absolute disaster, helped push me to the edge and get some motivation. I will take whatever I can get. I even had enough time during Keaton's amazing nap to spend a large chunk of time online looking up various things. We are still on the search for a dog, so that is a daily search on Petfinder and other local rescue websites. There is one that keeps coming up in our searches named Slater, and this weekend the animal shelter he's currently at is having an adoption day not far away from us (normally he is at least a few hours away, so it's tough for us to go see him). We will hopefully get to meet him, and if we are lucky, he and Mr. K will hit it off. Keaton really enjoyed meeting puppies last Friday night, but we decided both puppies were not for us, even though they were adorable. It's hard not to get a little attached when the pup lays his head on your arm and cuddles with you. He really enjoyed playing with Keaton, too. Keaton actually seemed to get a little bit jealous when Casey was holding the puppy, which was surprising to us. (I also think Keaton was not himself over the weekend- he was more moody than normal. Teething? Testing his boundaries? Who knows. Again, so many questions.) He's been great today, though... he really is a goofy little guy sometimes. Speak of the devil.. he's stirring. I knew blogging would do the trick!

-Ash

No comments: