Saturday, August 6, 2011

The Future

Well, we are not moving to Ohio anytime soon. Things just didn't add up for Casey to take the job in Toledo, so we are staying put. I think the situation turned out for the better for us, as we have plenty to do with our own house before we start worrying about another one. In the next few weeks we are going to try to tackle some of the things we haven't yet, and I think in the long run it will be best for us so we can sell it in better condition than we got it, eventually. It's the smart thing to do.

For me, at least, all this talk about possibly moving made me realize that I need to get my booty back in gear and try to go back to school soon. I need to get at least a few classes under my belt again. It would be good to dust off the cobwebs and relearn some things about my camera, too. Hopefully in the next week or two, I will be able to set up a meeting with an advisor and figure out what classes I still need to get a degree or certificate. (Of course I kick myself now, as classes start again soon, and I am just now seriously thinking about this... but then we didn't know we were NOT moving until yesterday.)

Thinking about school for me also makes me realize that we should probably get Keaton into some type of school-like environment... which is probably something else I should have thought of previously. How does that sneak up so fast? I guess it's easier since I stay at home with him and I am not concerned about going to work, etc., because then he would've needed a place to stay during the time I'm not home. Hopefully we're not too late in the game and we'll be able to get him started somewhere, even if it's just for a few days each week.

Lots going on in the future. For now, Mr. K is waking up from his 2+ hour nap now, so off I go. More later!

-Ash

No comments: