Thursday, August 11, 2011

Little man, growing up

Upside: Keaton has been in a very pleasant, happy mood today, and woke up after 6 (second day in a row! Woo hoo!) Downside: After two rather long attempts, he is still not taking a nap for me. He's been up for over 6 hours now. I think he has finally settled down (he isn't standing up in his crib, or singing, or throwing things out on the floor) but he's still awake. I really hope for at least a 2 hour nap from him since he's waited so long. (Maybe I can actually clean the bathrooms!!)

He just ate some steak and corn casserole with me for lunch. He is almost refusing to drink water now, and seems to only want "moke" all the time. (I guess it could be a lot worse, right?) He said "I wan jello" while sitting at the table- in a regular chair, mind you. He doesn't seem to want to sit in his high chair anymore... think it's time for a booster. Yesterday at lunch, he shocked me by refusing to drink from his sippy cup, and would only drink out of a glass, without a straw. I still haven't gotten him to drink from a straw at all, I guess maybe we will skip that for now and work on the cup by itself. I have to hold it for him, but he does a good job drinking and not spilling it out the sides. He sure is growing up fast.

Tomorrow, he will be 18 months old. A year and a half. That is insane. He is talking even more than ever, and likes to point to just about everything he sees and tell me what it is. Books are a lot more fun now- he can point to everything in Goodnight Moon when I read about it. He especially likes the bowl of mush...lol. (I think he just likes saying "Mush".

Words, words, and more words:
  1. Milk- "moke"
  2. Grapes- "bakes"
  3. Strawberries- "Staw-ah-ees"
  4. bubbles
  5. chalk- "cock"... I'm really working on that CH part with him!
  6. clock- same as above...lol
  7. color- "kee-ya"
  8. watch
  9. phone
  10. sunshine- "suh-sine"
  11. heart
  12. star
  13. remote- "mote"
  14. Jello sounds a lot more like jello now!
  15. bear- "bee-ahh"
  16. tree- "tee"
  17. flower- "Fow-ah"
  18. Purple sounds a whole lot like purple. I also think it's his favorite color, because he will pick out the purple crayons in the box of 100+. Maybe if we have another kid they will like blue and red. ;)
  19. yellow- "yah-yo"
  20. George (as in Curious George)- "Joh-J"
  21. Cat is "Ca" or "Meow meow"
  22. Duck
  23. cracker- "caca"... lol... I will not tell him what that means in Spanish...
  24. Nutrigrain Bar- "Bah"... it sounds like he has a Bostonian accent
  25. "Scoot"- when he wants to scoot off of a chair or the bed
  26. book
  27. night night- "nigh nigh"
  28. booty- "Bye-ey"
  29. Neighbors names; Scott "Cott", Mike, Nina, Barbi "Bye bi", Tyler "Ty-lah", Nolan "No" or "Nos", Emily "Emmy", Robin "Rahbi"
  30. Bambi- "Maym-bi", which he now wants to watch 5 times a day!
  31. Grandma- "Gahmah"
  32. Grandpa- "Papa"
  33. cloud- "cowd"
  34. airplane- "bay-payne" lol... you have to see what he's looking at to translate that one
  35. door- "doh" 
  36. shoe
There are a lot more, but I think those are the most common these days. He is absolutely, completely blowing my mind.

He's finally asleep- time to go clean something!

-Ash

1 comment:

Chimpsea said...

Why would you want a kid who likes red and blue?! Eeew. :) Keaton knows where it's at.