Monday, January 9, 2012

Firsts

This is a big week in the Hetrick household. Tomorrow, Keaton starts his first day of school at Cosmic Montessori. Thursday, I start my first day of classes for the semester. And to top it all off, today we found out that Keaton has his first ear infection... in both ears. It's only Monday, but it looks as though this week could be an interesting one.

The ear infection thing explains a whole lot about the 40+ minute meltdowns Keaton's been having every day this week. He never had a fever, but he's been extremely grumpy whenever he wakes up. Yesterday he cried for over an hour, and Casey and I were at our wits end as to what to do to help him. When I picked him up, he wanted down. When I put him down, he screamed bloody murder because he wanted up again. If I turned the light on, he wanted it off. Everything was the opposite, and nothing made him happy. It was rough. I think, though, that if I would have realized that he just didn't feel well, I would have been a bit more patient with him. It seemed as though he was just starting to express his opinion and figure out what lines he could cross with us. I hope the Amoxicillin helps him and he's back to himself as soon as possible.

I am pretty anxious about the school thing, on both our parts. I am really excited to start my classes, and less excited to leave Keaton all day long... but it will be good for both of us, and we feel like he is ready. Tomorrow he will go from 9:30-11:30 a.m. for a trial run, and Thursday he'll go from 9-5. It will be interesting to see how he does at nap time, etc. I'll try to give a full report Thursday evening or Friday.

Just wanted to keep you up to speed on what's happening around here... never a dull moment!! Our little boy is growing up too fast.

-Ash

No comments: