Friday, January 6, 2012

School Daze

The thought of really getting to the core of my degree (or possible certificate... to be decided...) is starting to become a reality now. I am finished with all of my Gen Ed classes, and now I can dust off my Canon and figure out how much I've forgotten in 2 years since my last photo class. I got a bit lost in the idea of finally jumping in and accomplishing this goal- now, it's real. But in order to make school a reality for me next semester, that means little man is going to have to start, too (or we'll have to find a daycare/nanny). We hit the ground running (no thanks to me) and had two interviews today with two different schools. Just to clarify- we were interviewing them.

We started the morning off at The Goddard School. We met several people, and basically got to observe what the place was like. I was impressed from the start- everyone knew everyone else's name. It was clean and very organized. They had procedures, but had fun with them. The people were engaged with the children, and answered all of our questions. In general, I really liked it. But it was the first place we'd gone, so I didn't want to get my hopes up, especially since we hadn't seen a price tag yet.

We had another appointment this afternoon at another school, which I won't name, mostly because I highly doubt they will get our business. The vibe from the principal and staff was nothing to get excited about. It wasn't the cleanest place, nor was it as well organized. The student/teacher ratio was 8:1, which is tough with toddlers! So I think we figured out where we don't want to send Keaton. We have one more visit tomorrow afternoon, and then hopefully we'll make our decision. I'm excited for Keaton to have more structure, and I can tell he's excited to learn.

And that, my friends, was a blog entry I started on the 19th of last month... it's now January!!! Time for a new one!

-Ash

No comments: