Friday, January 6, 2012

New Year, New Chapter

It was brought to my attention over "Christmas Break" that I need an outlet for stress, and while I've known that blogging is basically that outlet, I have not held up my end of the bargain and followed through with it. So, here's another shot. Another year, and lots of stress currently... but it's something I need to work through. Here's a snapshot on life right now:

We are still visiting schools for Keaton. We actually saw 2 more this morning, and we have to make a decision on them by next week. Stress level rising. We are looking at Montessori schools now, and while they are interesting, I'm not sure they are quite the right fit yet. We shall see. Casey was going to visit another one over lunch while Keaton came home with me to eat and take a nap. Lots of things to discuss with Dr. Hetrick this evening. This is such a tough decision!!

To add to it all, I was granted my chargeback (or co-op) agreement yesterday with the College of DuPage, so the college in my district is agreeing to pay the difference so that I am considered in-district at COD. Which is AWESOME. This means that I could basically take two classes for the price of one. I hope to take 6 hours this semester; Intermediate Photography and Tools and Techniques of Digital Photography. Let's hope this all works out. I've been on the phone with various people at COD to let them know about the agreement and find out if I have to make the hike to the school in person or if I can just send everything via e-mail. Classes start next Thursday, so I hope everything goes through in time! It's going to be down to the wire, but that seems to be the only way I get things done around here. Another thing I hope to learn this semester: Better time management!!!!!!

I guess that's all for now, but there's so much more to write! We just spent 12 days in Kansas for Christmas and New Years. That flew by, and we had fun, but it was so busy it almost feels like it didn't even happen. Keaton is pacifier-free now... I could write a whole entry just about that. I will attempt to write more often from this point forward, and hopefully that will let out at least a bit of the stress I'm feeling currently! For now, it's off to clean the house while Mr. K sleeps!

More later,

Ash

No comments: