Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Overdue Keatonisms

Keaton: "Mommy, what's that?"
Me: "A mummy."
K: "Oh, a mummy!" (Thinks for a second.) "Where's the Daddy?"

*****
"Mommy is having two babies! One for me, one for Mommy, one for Daddy, and one for Riese."

*****
I regularly hear him say things like, "This is [hot, fragile, etc], Mommy. Don't touch it, okay?"

Actually, he says, "Okay?" at the end of a lot of things, especially if he's giving orders. I wonder where he gets that from... haha... [looks in mirror]...

*****
We listen to alternative rock a lot. So much so that Keaton is starting to hear various songs and can pick out who sings them almost right away- usually Foo Fighters, Weezer, Green Day (he likes to argue with me on the name and call them Red or Purple Day), or the Beastie Boys. I may not win any Mother of the Year awards for this, but I have been told to let your kids listen to whatever you listen to (within reason)... I would much rather him listen to that that a lot of songs on mainstream radio these days! Anyway, there is a song called "Little Talks" by Of Monsters and Men. The chorus says, "Cause though the truth may vary This ship will carry Our bodies safe to shore." The other day in the car, I noticed he was singing it, but his version went something like, "A tooth may octopus..." and I laughed so hard he stopped singing and started laughing with me. I lost it at the octopus part... couldn't help it.

I should note that he also likes Queen and can sing almost all of  "We Will Rock You" which is pretty awesome. :)

*****
The other day, he was in an especially pleasing mood (i.e. he wanted to "make Mommy happy"). He picked up all of Riese's toys/bones off the floor and put them in Riese's basket. I was shocked!!! He said, "I did it all by myself, Mommy!" This kid is going to be an EXCELLENT big brother! :)

*****
Keaton has started getting crushes on girls at school. He talks about them a lot, and even blushes when he does. He apparently sits a little too close to them when he should be working (haha!). The teachers keep me updated on his latest ladies... so far there are only two. :)


More soon!

-Ash

No comments: