Thursday, September 27, 2012

14 weeks

Wanna know how badly my child didn't want to go to sleep last night? He said, "Mommy, I don't wanna go to sleep. I wanna go in Time Out."  Really??? What the heck do I do with that? Obviously I didn't put him in T.O. if that's where he wanted to go... so I left the room. It took him over an hour and a half to fall asleep again last night night. Do I need to put him on a treadmill after dinner and wear him out that way? He's been fighting sleep the entire week. Again, I'd hate to get rid of nap right now- especially because he's still expected to take one at school. Getting the little guy to sit still for even 10 seconds is a chore these days, so it looks like I really need to get my booty in gear and get him enrolled in swimming or something that will physically wear him out. The question is, can I do that and not completely wear myself out? Not likely at the moment.

Another Keatonism that my Dad wanted me to include is the fact that Keaton wants to pick out his own clothes now. He normally wants to wear his K-State shirt because it's purple... his favorite color. He wanted to dig it out of the hamper this morning. Luckily I persuaded him to choose another shirt, and he didn't make too much of a fuss over it. Darn those K-State shirts. We need to add some KU ones to the mix. :) I will say, for the record, that I never tell him he can't wear the KSU shirts... but I may have to wear a KU shirt just to balance things out if he does. ;) I'm going to let him choose which team he prefers, but I'll be darned if I'm going to stifle my love for the Jayhawks, even if I'm the only one in our family that's a fan! Because that's what true fans do, darn it!

Moving on. So we are in the second trimester, but for some reason this week it feels like I'm going backwards in time. Yes, I can't button my pants now. But I've been more tired and even more nauseated this week than in the weeks before. And I almost feel like even though the doctor said I need to eat 3,500 calories/day (or as I found out, the equivalent to one pound a day!) I am still hitting this wall and am not able to eat without feeling like I'm going to burst. So I'm taking it one day at a time, trying to eat frequently and drink the 10 glasses of water I'm supposed to consume as well. Just when I thought I was peeing every 30 minutes, I'm sure it's about to get worse!

This week, I am thinking a lot about my friends who are getting married on October 6th. Originally, when I was pregnant in February, my due date was the 5th and I wasn't going to be able to go. Now, I'm not only able to go, but I get to be IN the wedding. So far my dress fits the way it should... but because my pants are slowly becoming unwearable, I'm starting to get a little paranoid that the dress may not fit much longer. Only another week and a half... then the little ones can have as many growth spurts as they want. :)

I suppose that's all for now. I apologize to anyone who may be following me on Flickr- since I'm not taking classes this semester, I haven't taken many photos, so I don't have much to add. I'll try to get better at that, especially since the 40ish pound dog is almost as tall as Keaton is now. I'm long overdue. And we'll have some belly pics soon, too, especially now that there's more of a belly. More to come!

-Ash

No comments: