Sunday, October 28, 2012

18 weeks- Big Ultrasound!

Well, the verdict is in: We are having identical twin BOYS!! While I was a tiny little bit disappointed at first (for a millisecond), I then realized- I can do this! I have had one boy, and having two more just means I know more of what to expect! And I won't have to worry about having two teenage daughters that hate my guts someday! People tell me my boys will take care of me. The Hetrick Boys. Man, it's crazy to think about. But you know, it all makes sense now. And I'm excited.

They are doing very well so far. The doctor's only concern at this point is that they share a placenta, so I will go in every two weeks for a check-up to make sure they are both getting all the nutrients they need. So far so good, though. We got to see them for almost two full hours while they checked all the parts, and everything is right on schedule. They moved the due date back a little bit, but basically it's just easiest to say that they are due the last week of March. One of them was sucking his thumb! It was really neat to see them both. They have the 3D ultrasound (or is it 4D? I should know this) and we got some fun pictures of them, too. In fact, we got 15 pictures of them that day. We had so many, I started to forget what each picture really was after awhile- sometimes ultrasound pics are hard to decipher. :) All I know is, there are two little baby boys that are growing like weeds in my tummy right now. I can feel kicks and squirms quite a bit now, which I never thought would happen at 18 weeks! This whole thing is pretty crazy, but very exciting. Now that we know the sexes, we also know that we have a great head start on clothes and toys! Now we need to get car seats, a double stroller, another crib, a minivan (kind of a big deal), and tons of diapers and wipes. You can see pics of the little dudes here: Twins

Just a note: One of the 3D/4D pics of the boys looks a little... strange. He was blocked by the other twin, and the doctor had a tough time getting a good picture of his face, but you get the idea. And, they are identical... so if you see one, you basically see the other, right? But I promise his limbs are fully formed and intact. We'll get a better pic of him later!

-Ash

No comments: