Sunday, November 11, 2012

And... November.

Goodness, I could have sworn I'd been better about updating this thing, but alas, I have not even tackled Halloween yet. Let's see... costumes were fun, weather was cold, and Keaton scored a ton of candy (that I've managed to eat when he sleeps, without him noticing). :) My parents came up for a week because Casey had a trip to Pennsylvania the last week of October, but it got cancelled. Mom cooked a ton of great food, and Keaton enjoyed his time with Grandma and Grandpa. Casey left Saturday for a week-long trip to London, and Keaton and I rode home with my parents to Kansas. We had a great time, saw family and friends, and ate some great food. (Food is a theme here... but I'm sure I've gained at least 3 pounds over the trip. We ate a TON of BBQ! My doctors should be happy with my progress, I think.)

Keith and De flew us back to Illinois yesterday. We took a larger plane this time, which would have made the ride a little smoother if not for the crazy storm system that was coming through at the time. We ran into rain, a ton of wind, thunder, lightning, and even some ice. It was a pretty bumpy ride, but my trust in Keith as a pilot outweighed any of the nerves I felt along the way. Keaton liked all of it, except flying through clouds. I got some fun pictures of the clouds and landscapes along the way... they're in the 2012 album on Flickr if you'd like to check them out.

Okay, now for the real reason behind my motivation to blog tonight: Keatonisms. He's really cracking me up lately, and of course he was at the top of his game while we were in Kansas. Here are the highlights (courtesy of Facebook updates, without which all may be forgotten...)

*****
Keaton stole and hid the child lock off the entertainment center, and I asked if he could find it and bring it back to me. Instead, he went to his toy kitchen and ripped off the refrigerator door, brought it to me, and said, "You looking for this?" No, bud...but good try...? 

**
On the road trip home to Kansas, Keaton really wanted to take his shoes off, and it was right before we were going into a restaurant. My Mom said, "The restaurant won't let you in if you have your shoes off... it just one of Kansas's crazy laws." Keaton said, "Kansas isn't crazy, Mommy!" (Little does he know...)

**
Daylight Saving Time started while we were in Kansas. One morning, Keaton woke up at 5:45 and would not go back to sleep. My Dad woke up before his alarm, but forgot to turn it off, so it started beeping at 6:30 and I ran in to take care of it. It was obvious Keaton wasn't going to go back to sleep at that point, so as I walked downstairs with him, I told him he was going to get the "grumpy version" of Mommy this morning since I didn't get to sleep anymore. He told my Mom, "We get the grumpy version today, Grandma." LOL....

**
I just asked Keaton what he wants to be when he grows up. "Mommy, I don't wanna grow up. I grow up later."

**
Keaton: "Mommy, I can't go to sleep because my eyebrows hurt." ???

He was also playing with marbles today and came over and handed me a dark one. He then informed me that it came from his 'undies'. It was then that I realized it was not a marble at all, and it did indeed come from his underwear. 


**
Keaton, talking about his chicken nuggets:

"Mommy, this one looks like Ohio."
Me: "That's nice, buddy. Now it's time to eat it."
K: "But I don't wanna eat Ohio!"


**
"I like crackers. They don't have disagreements. You just eat them."

At dinner tonight, Keaton was talking to one of our favorite sushi chefs about his baby brothers. The chef said, "I bet he [Casey] is excited!" and Keaton replies, "Yeah! And Mommy's freaking out!" LOL... truth. :)
 


*****

I guess that's about it for now. I'm sure there are some I forgot, he is just full of so many funny things lately! Including brown 'marbles'. ;)

More soon!

-Ash 

No comments: