Friday, November 23, 2012

Pregnancy Insomnia

Forgive my rant, please. I spent the majority of the day on the couch laying around (doctor's orders!) and now that it's time to sleep, I can't, for many reasons. Husband and dog snoring. Babies throwing a dance party in my belly. The need to pee. The desire to eat. Energy I can't expend, so I take it out on whatever piece of technology is near me, usually my phone. It's just there, and I'm awake, and it entertains me.

Sometimes lately I feel like I'm sitting outside looking in at life, but I'm not able to really participate in it. My kid has been very wrapped up with our company the past two days, and I'm glad for that, except the part where he doesn't really want much to do with me. I can understand why- I can't do much. He has three 'new' people to entertain him. But it still makes me sad that when I do volunteer to get up and help with something, he pushes me away. So I let it slide, and try not to let it hurt. I'm just a little lonely/emotional right now. I know it needs to be this way, and there's really not a lot I can do to change or solve it right now... But it's not easy to just sit back and watch, either. It's not fun to be out of the loop. Anyway, this too shall pass, and it will be worth it. I will put it in better perspective after I get some sleep. Hear that, husband/dog/babies/bladder/hunger pangs?

-Ash

1 comment:

Jenny said...

So sorry, Ash, it'll all be worth it!