Tuesday, October 22, 2013

8 months & Keatonisms

"This is gonna be a master waffle."

K:  "I put my little dinosaur inside my book, now it is my check mark."
Me: "Book mark?"
K: "Yeah! Book mark. That's what I meaned."

Me: "Which brother is this?"
K: "Nik."
Me: "How do you know?"
K: "Because he starts with an N."

"Santa only brings presents to little kids and big kids, not adults, Mommy."

"Apples mashed in applesauce makes more applesauce."

"Where does he sleep? Does Daddy have a home in Greece?"

Nana: "All the big people are going to bed."
K: "But Mommy is a little people."

"Hi, super duper Mommy!"

Papa: "It's okay, we are flexible."
K: "Mommy's not flexible."
Nana: "What does that mean?"
K: "It means we're bony."

"I love you and I like you. You always will be a good boy Nik."

Casey threw away a plate into the trashcan. "If you throw Nik into the trashcan we won't have anymore Nikolaus."

"A bee put pollen in my nose."

To me: "I get to keep you."

"Yeah! I concur, Daddy."

"Mommy, you're something else."

Me: "Do you know who sings this?"
K: "Florence and the Machine. Is she really in the machine, Mommy?"

"It's okay if I'm dirty. Dirty is part of my job."

(Coughing) "It went down the wrong throat."

"Can I have cookies for breakfast?" (That's my kid! No doubt about it!)

"What is the Equator for? Is it to open up Earth?"

I took a picture with my phone. "Can you send that picture to Daddy? How does it get to him? Does it fly?"

There is a surety in one of the Frog and Toad books called The Corner, where Frog wants Seeing to come, and his farther says it is right around the corner, so Frog looks around many corners until he finds it. Keaton's comment after the story: "Why did they go around the corner? Why wasn't it on the side?"

"Why does the water doesn't go down the drain?"

"Mommy, you don't say bad words. Daddy does." (Haha! If only he knew!!)

"Why do kids don't go to jail?"

Me: "You should sleep like Snoopy. He's a good sleeper."
K: "No he's not, he doesn't sleep. He's a stuffed animal."

"Can you bring my brother to me? I don't know how to fly."

"May I have some vegetables, Daddy good-cooker artist?"

"Baby (brother), you can touch my brain!"

"Mommy, soup and poop rhyme!" (loudly in Walmart)
*****
I think that has caught you up on Keatonisms for the past 2 weeks. I'm really slipping these days!

The little guys are 8 months old now...which is crazy. Nik is starting to get up on his knees now and scooted himself backward a few times yesterday. I'm fairly certain Rowan said "mama" last week, maybe by accident, but I heard something like it and have a few times since! They both have two bottom teeth now. And I don't have to stop nursing them if I drink enough protein shakes, long story short. Yay!

Fun little people.

Ashley

No comments: