Tuesday, October 8, 2013

New Stages

Tuesday Keatonisms:

"I don't like to shave my legs."

"He's my cuddling boy." (Rowan)

"I really like your thinking, Daddy!"


"Mommy, I really like you! You're short. I just like you."

"I'm gonna have a store, it's called The Fixing Store. We fix babies at my store too, Mommy."

To my Mom, on the phone: "Now you're gonna talk to my brother Nik. [Puts the phone to Nik's ear, waits.] Nik isn't saying hello right now."

"I hear something in my ear. I hear your voice, a little quiet voice in my ear."

"You are a good Mommy. Even when you get upset and yell sometimes, I know you always love me." **This one brought tears to my eyes. 15 minutes later, he was telling me he wanted to go to time out. Lol...

"I really like you. I really like everyone. Some people maybe I don't like, if they are mean. But you are my friend. I like you. I really like you, that's why I like you."

Me, about a toy I had to take away from him. "You might get it back sometime this week."
K: "It's sometime this week right now!"

Me: "Alright, buddy, it's time to stop running around naked."
K: "I'm not running, I'm walking around naked."

"I'm a go-getter, like Daddy!"

 *****

 So, Keaton is going through this strange stage where instead of sleeping, he begs to go to Time Out... gets out of bed 10-15 times... screams and hits the bed when I take toys away from him because he's playing when he should be sleeping... etc. I tried the Super Nanny approach last night and just calmly walked in, led him to his bed, didn't say a word, and tucked him in. That worked okay until I was feeding the boys on the couch in the living room, and Keaton got up and I couldn't get up to lay him down again. I will be so glad when this stage is over!

The twins are going through this wonderful stage where I believe they are done with their nighttime feeding. Just in time! With the exception of Sunday night (when I had the stomach flu and Casey was on a plane to Greece), they have slept until at least 5 am. They are eating less often during the day, and seem to be enjoying their solid foods a lot. Of course, the worrier side of me keeps wondering if anything is wrong (the logical part is like, 'Why? You are getting sleep for once, calm down!') but the worrier side is annoying and won't shut up. So... we'll see. But I'm happy not to get up every 3 hours anymore. 

Casey's in Greece, and De is coming today for the rest of the week. My parents visited two weeks ago. I love having the company, and I didn't realize how much I wish we could live closer to home until I'm stuck by myself with the boys and am throwing up all night. Sunday was the worst night I've had in awhile, but my amazing neighbors bailed me out and took all three boys from 9 a.m - 2 pm yesterday, allowing me a 3 hour nap and some recovery time.  I'm glad it was a quick stomach bug... but boy did it foil my plans to gain more weight! I still haven't gotten my appetite back 100%, but I'm at least drinking a lot of water and Gatorade to try and stay hydrated. Hopefully the worst is over for our household.

I think that's about all for now! I think I forgot to note that my blood tests came back 'stable', so I'm meeting with my lactation consultant on Thursday to see what my game plan should be about nursing the boys. I trust she will lead me in the right direction.

More later!

-Ashley

No comments: