Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Thoughts from a four year old

(Copied from my Facebook post:)

It's Keatonism Tuesday! I'm just sad I'm awake to see the start of the day already...thanks, baby brothers! :-P

*****
K: "What is the name of this restaurant?"
Me: "Hoolihan's."
K: "I don't like the name."
Me: "Why?"
K: "Because real hands don't hula."

"It's not even tomorrow yet!"

He is starting to see words and sound them out. He was reading the dashboard for the radio in the van: "That says 'Rock'.'" That sort of blew my mind. He asked me to change the station so he could read something else. "That says 'Soft'. Can we turn it back to Rock now?" :-)

"Grandma, we got a new house! It's in Canada." (?? This lady is not moving farther north anytime soon, thanks.)

"I hope our TV never runs out of batteries."

"I wanna go see the equator someday."

"I can't think in my head. My brain doesn't work now."

"Gamecocks are in a game. Blackhawks are in a black."

K: "Why is a tomato a fruit?"
Me: "I can't remember why exactly. We'll have to look it up later."
K: "I think the Queen made it up."

K: "How do you use the force?"
Casey: "Lots of training. And coffee." (More of a Caseyism, I suppose.)

He saw Ellen on a magazine: "Hey look! It's Ellen OurGenesis!"

I was bragging on my friend Jawleh who's 28 weeks pregnant with triplet girls, and Keaton said, "If she keeps going, there'll be four babies!" I clearly need to explain this better. Or maybe I don't quite yet... (You are my hero, Jawleh!!)

Most pathetic voice ever: "Being in the dark is terrible!"

"I hit my five head. My forehead I mean."

No comments: