Saturday, December 20, 2008

Let it snow? Make it stop!!

It's is still snowing. We thought it would only be a 'small' storm, but it's filling in the gaps that were made by our footprints already. I used to love snow. I remember wishing for snow all of the time in elementary school and hoping school would be canceled. I would sit in front of the TV early in the morning to see if 501 would cancel school and I'd get to sleep in. Or I would go out and play in it for hours and go sledding on Quinton Heights hill in Topeka. Now, I dread it. It sucks how things like that slowly lose their fun as you grow up. I remember buying all the fireworks my allowance could handle when I was a kid, and I'd spend hours putting on shows for the next door neighbors. Now I think of it as literally burning your money. Growing up is tough.

Casey and I just watched a movie, and now I'm knitting and baking chocolate chip cookies. We've had a pretty relaxed weekend. Casey got his truck back today- now the heater works and the brakes aren't making strange noises, yay! Not really what we thought we'd spend money on right before Christmas, but since we're taking the truck to Topeka this week, I'm glad to know it'll be in good shape. :) We got a few more Christmas presents taken care of tonight, too, so we are almost ready to head back. We're going to try to leave Tuesday evening and make it as far as we can so we can have more time on Wednesday at home. I can't wait!!

I'll probably write again before we head back to Topeka. I shoulod hopefully have more interesting things to write about! (Let's hope!)

-Ashley

No comments: