Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Thanksgiving and such

Wow, I can't believe that a week ago today, the Hetricks were coming to town. Their time here went so fast, it's going to take me a moment or two to remember all that we did last week... but here goes.

Thanksgiving went well. De made an amazing turkey stuffed with apples and sage, along with a ton of other items that were delicious. The meal was really good (esp the Mac & Cheese!!!) and we are still working on leftovers as I write this. :)

Friday, Leslie, Keith, and Casey all woke up at 4:30 am to go shopping. I'm glad I had the chance to stay in bed, because there really wasn't much I wanted to buy that was worth getting involved in the mad rush of crazy people at the local Best Buy, etc. They were out for about 3 hours, and got some good stuff. Casey got Guitar Hero III at a very good price. Leslie got a ton of movies, and Keith got tools. It sounds like it was worth the trip (even though the Wii Fit had sold out by the time it was their turn to get one... bummer!).
Once they got home, everyone slept until about 10, and then we all got ready to head downtown. We shopped for a few hours, had an AMAZING dinner at Weber Grill, and then shopped a little bit more before we went to see Wicked at the Oriental Theatre. It was fabulous!!! The ladies that played the lead roles had terrific voices, and the visual effects were pretty awesome. I highly recommend it to anyone who may be able to see it before it leaves in January!

Saturday, the weather wasn't looking so great for the Hetricks to fly back to Topeka, so they decided to try to leave as early as possible to avoid the rain and snow that were coming in. They were able to make it back to Topeka without any problems, which was great. Casey and I tried to spend some time outside on Saturday figuring out what we were going to do with our Christmas lights... unfortunately our roof is too slanted and we aren't able to put them up the way we wanted to. We're still looking into Plan B, but it will all depend on the weather...

Sunday, it snowed almost all day. We ended up getting almost 3 inches between Sunday morning and Monday afternoon. Charley has gotten to play in it a little, although he doesn't seem to like stepping in the snow very much and chews on his paws a lot afterward. Looks like we may look into getting him some booties or something so he doesn't chew on himself too much. I got a few pics of him playing in the snow this weekend, but I'll try to take more this week as it's supposed to snow every single day until the weekend. Blah!!!! I miss South Carolina right now!!!!! Luckily, we get to go there next week for Casey's graduation. :-D

Casey and I have been a little sick since Sunday (we think we may have caught what Val had while she was here) so he stayed home from work yesterday. He was able to work from home most of the day, but was suffering from a headache and sinus issues most of the day, as I am now. I feel a little better today, though. He does too- I'm waiting for him to get home from work anytime now. We put up our (fake) Chirstmas tree last night, but realized we didn't have enough lights, so I went out to get some today. We don't really have any ornaments to put on it, so I may head out tomorrow and get some before I get my hair cut. Casey didn't like getting a fake tree, but it makes more sense for us right now because we will be in Kansas over Christmas. Next year, if we stay here, I'm sure we'll be able to get a real one. The one we got isn't bad, though, and we'll be able to take it anywhere we go in the future. I'll take pictures of that too, once we get it decorated.

I guess that's about it since I wrote last. I'll try to take more pictures around here soon and post them. I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving, and I'll probably write more before the week is over.

Love,

Ash

No comments: