Saturday, January 3, 2009

Holidays in Kansas

I'm sorry I haven't written in awhile! The past few weeks have been pretty crazy. We went home to Kansas for Christmas, and it went too fast, as usual. It was nice to be home and see everyone, though. I posted pictures on www.flickr.com/ashleyhetrick. Now we're back in Illinois... it's cold here, but so far (knock on wood) we haven't had any snow since we got back... that's been great!!! We can actually see the (dead) grass in our back yard. Charley doesn't seem to mind going outside now... especially when there are rabbits to chase. That's become his new favorite activity, which also means he barks at us and stands by the door- something he normally does when he has to go to the bathroom- more often now. He went to the vet today, which is something that was long overdue. Luckily all of his tests went well, and he's up to date on all of his shots now. He loves going to the vet. I think it's because he gets so much attention- he got 4 shots today and didn't even seem to mind. Then they had to squirt one type of vaccine into his mouth, and although you could tell he didn't like the taste of it (he made a hilarious face!) he licked it up anyway, even off the floor at one point. The vet said she thought it seemed like he was just being polite... lol...

Anyway, enough about the dog... for now. I have been on the job hunt again, and applied for a few more last night. There's one I found that I'm not going to hold my breath for, but if I got it I would assist a professional photographer by being a 'Second Shooter". That's an ideal job for me right now, and even though I would be photographing weddings, it would definitely give me great experience. Anyway, again, I'm not holding my breath, but I'll definitely keep you updated.

I think Casey and I are going to play Wii now, so I should cut this short. I'll try to write more when something exciting happens. Hopefully that'll be soon!

-Ashley

No comments: