Friday, January 30, 2009

Random thoughts for the day

I don't feel like being very structured in my thoughts right now, so here's some more randomness for you.

1. I think it's interesting (in a good way) that whenever I take Charley to the vet, they call the next day to check on him.

2. I am currently waiting for the large amount of coffee I just drank to kick in and give me motivation to clean the house for our small Superbowl party on Sunday.

3. I am currently wearing Casey's t-shirt, sweatpants, and sweatshirt. I'm not entirely sure why, they just looked comfy. And they are.

4. I'm still not sure why spiders scare me so much, but if I see one, no matter what size it is, I automatically freeze up and freak out.

5. Even if someone just starts talking about cough syrup, I feel like I'm going to get sick.

6. That doesn't make a lot of sense. I can watch shows like The First 48 or Trauma: Life in the ER and not get freaked out by it, but something like cough syrup makes me want to gag. Just writing about it is making my stomach turn, so I'm going to stop now.

7. I'm still a little nervous about our party this weekend. I know it will be fun, but I only know 2 people that are coming; the rest are co-workers of Casey's, and their spouses. I hope the chili turns out okay. I hope Charley doesn't try to lick everyone. But then again... it's Charley. ;)

8. I really need to clean the house now, but instead I'm blogging. And still waiting for the coffee to kick in...

9. When Charley's vet called this morning, I hoped it was someone calling about one of my job applications.

10. I am currently keeping a notepad beside my bed just in case Casey talks in his sleep and says something funny... I don't want to forget it!

11. I made Japanese-style curry for dinner on Wednesday, and I ate so much of it last night for dinner, I thought I was going to explode. I love Japanese rice and could probably eat a pound of it a day!!

12. I am going to make sugar cookies and decorate them for the party on Sunday. Part of me wants to do that right now instead of dust, vacuum, mop, etc.

13. Writing about the curry has made me hungry, so I'm going to go heat up lunch.

14. I am eating it now, and it is quite delicious.

15. When Charley begs for food now, he makes this weird whining/singing sound. I shouldn't laugh when he does it, but it's as close to 'talking' as he's come.

16. I hate credit cards, and I can't wait until we get our tax return so we can get rid of most of them!! They are evil!!!

17. I take pictures all the time. Now that I have to do it for an assignment, I'm at a loss of what to photograph.

18. Rod Blagojevich is a freaking moron, and I'm glad they kicked him out of office. He sure put on quite a show this week for the media. Now that he's unemployed, he should start new by getting his hair cut.

19. I recently joined a group on Facebook entitled, "I Picked a Major I Like, and One Day I Will Probably Be Living In A Box" (unless Casey has anything to do with it)...

20. Charley just burped in my face. That was gross.

21. We got something in the mail yesterday from the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. I respect their cause a lot, and have donated money to them in the past. I don't really understand their newest campaign, though. They say that "Every nickel you send can help save someone's life," yet they include a nickel in their mailing. Why don't they just keep the nickel?? And to top that off, they sent some address labels that had "Mr. Ashley Hetrick" on them... hmmm...

22. I think our postal carrier may have run into our mailbox with her vehicle. I actually saw her bump into it once without doing any damage. More recently, the handle that opens the mailbox door is loose and hanging down.

23. I love chocolate, but I don't like to eat chocolate donuts. It makes me think I'm eating dessert for breakfast.

24. I turned on the TV early this morning, around 7:00, to see a bunch of people from the local news station dancing around to MC Hammer. I didn't see what was going on before that, so I'm not really sure what the heck was going on, but it made me laugh really hard first thing in the morning. That's a nice way to wake up.

25. I have made this list longer than I intended, but 1) I'm procrastinating, and 2) I'm random, so it was pretty easy. I think that's all for now. :)

-Ash

No comments: