Tuesday, January 6, 2009

More reasons to hate snow.

We had gone almost 2 weeks without any snow, and of course this morning as I was going home from taking Casey to work (truck's having work done) it started snowing, and I slid and rear-ended someone. The girl was really nice, and her SUV didn't get much damage at all, but the VW sign and part of the plastic grill on the Jetta is crunched.

I am pissed at myself, mainly because I tried to stop, but obviously with snow you want to start that process a little farther back than I did. We weren't going fast at all; Charley was in the car with me, and he barely noticed anything had happened. Thank God none of us were hurt. I'm just so annoyed right now. Insurance will cover it and I'm glad we have the coverage we do... I just hate that because of something I did, we'll have to spend more money. When it rains it pours. Or when it snows... it royally messes things up for me.

I vow not to live any farther north than we do right now. If Casey ever gets a job in Alaska, he'll have to go without me. ;-P

Tonight we're supposed to go out to dinner with one of the new grad students at USC- he's in town visiting his girlfriend. (I will not be driving.)

Tomorrow I have an appointment to get my hair cut. Woo hoo! It's only been a month but it's going a little crazy right now and not really doing what I want it to. Looking forward to having it trimmed up and looking nicer for Thursday. I have Orientation for school that afternoon. I'm now considered a 'non-traditional' student... which should be interesting! I'll update more after I go and check things out. Thursday night we are also supposed to go out withone of Casey's coworker's and his wife. It looks like this week is going to be pretty eventful... I just hope there aren't more events like the one this morning.

That's all for now- I'll update later.

-Ash

1 comment:

Jenny said...

That sucks about the car, I took about 20 mins inching up a hill the other day and nearly slid back down into traffic. Grrr

Take pics of the hair and I'll get up to see you soon! <3