Monday, January 26, 2009

10 Random Things

Before I can concentrate on homework, I just felt like writing. Forgive me for the very random entry.

1. I have noticed that since I'm not using the computer as much since my time at USC, I am becoming a terrible speller!! I can normally pick out when things are misspelled on TV, in the newspaper, etc., but I find myself hitting backspace more now than I ever have. I really need a job!!!!

2. Job hunting is so frustrating. I get excited about applying somewhere, and then get discouraged when I don't hear back from them at all. A lot of the places I have applied to are online and do not give you a telephone number to call to inquire about the status of your application. I just wish I had some opportunity for an interview so I don't feel slightly guilty for not taking either of the two jobs I could have had before... no matter how terrible they would have been.

3. I haven't been able to sleep well lately. For some reason, I am really affected by other noises (like husbands and dogs snoring....) and I just lay in bed for a long, long time without being able to relax. Sometimes I think it would help if I journal before bed so I can clear my mind... I may try that this evening.

4. Sometimes when I wake up in the morning, I think of McDonald's. It's not because I'm hungry, it's because my hair looks like the Golden Arches when I get up. I must stand on my head or something at night!

5. We are having a small Super Bowl party at our place this Sunday. People are coming from Casey's job. I'm excited and nervous to meet new people and have them in our house. I hope Charley behaves! I need to use this as motivation for the rest of the week to get a little done each day so the house is in good order.

6. I find my biggest motivation to clean is when I know people are coming over. If someone were to stop by and we didn't know ahead of time, I would be really embarrassed by the state of our house. That should motivate me enough to clean more often!!!

7. I cannot wait until all of this snow goes away!!!!!!!!

8. I really miss my job at USC. I still check my e-mail from work, and almost feel guilty when I have to forward REU inquiries to other people. Part of me feels like I should still answer the e-mails I get, but then I realize that I really don't work there anymore. I hope the next job I have will make me feel as needed as I did there.

9. I have been around Charley so much in the past few months, I really miss him when I have to go run errands. This weekend, Casey and I went out driving for awhile, exploring the towns around Plainfield. I found myself thinking about Charley after a few hours, and feeling guilty that I wasn't home with him, or that he wasn't with us. Being in school, and eventually getting a job, is really going to be good for me.

10. I spend too much time on Facebook. I thrive on communicating with friends, looking at pictures, and whatever else I end up doing on there. It feels like my connection to the outside world right now. I hope to change that in the following weeks and months so I can get a stronger connection to the REAL outside world.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OK! Yes, you need a job BUT you also need some exercise to wear you down: Use the Wii religiously, take Charley for a walk around the block or at least to the corner, take him down to the basement and play running games with him. He needs the exercise ever bit as much as you. Then do some things that tax your mind. Try a challenging new recipe or something.
Love you.
Pops